DIY Wideband - pics added on final post!

gt4tified

So I got my kit earlier this week (14point7.com) and I built it and put it in the casing yesterday. I am expecting the Bosch sensor to be delivered today and if so, I will be testing this over the weekend.

Just wanted to know if anyone here is running this wideband?

darthripley

never heard of it so just went to the site.
watched the video & it seems to have a lot of latency in reading the AFR's.
it just doesn't update frequently compared to other widebands imho.

gt4tified

darthripley":1nhzg9se said:
never heard of it so just went to the site.
watched the video & it seems to have a lot of latency in reading the AFR's.
it just doesn't update frequently compared to other widebands imho.

The refresh rate is user selectable so maybe that's why it seemed so slow, at least for the data logging. The gauge that he sells is supposed to be pretty quick.

I'm almost done putting mine together, just a couple more wires and to get the length of wire to the sensor adjusted and I'm in. But Keri, I'm not complaining when the nearest alternative is almost $150 more. :wink:

Will do some pics of the install this Friday, since its a holiday over here. Cheers.

darthripley

gt4tified":kcjp4x5e said:
I'm almost done putting mine together, just a couple more wires and to get the length of wire to the sensor adjusted and I'm in. But Keri, I'm not complaining when the nearest alternative is almost $150 more. :wink:

i hear you loud & clear on the price point aspect for sure.

interesting on the refresh rate.

i look forward to seeing your install & hearing your opinions.
i'm about to get a different & i hope better wideband O2 in a month or so ... long story :shoots:

$200GT-4

I got my friend an AEM wideband off of Ebay for $230 shipped, haven't seen them that cheap since. :doh: These are $70 for the DIY kit, plus the sensors are like $70-80. Figure $180 but then you have to buy the cases and stuff, about $200 when it's all said and done. At least it can datalog though.

gt4tified

Update: Wideband is in and works perfectly without a hitch....I just needed to make the holes on the casing for the cooling fan a bit larger since the heatsink can really get hot! Did that last nite.

Will post pics of the install when I get some time. The AEM does not free-air calibrate nor datalog in real-time and it only has one programmable output. So for something that costs less you get much more in terms of funcitonality. Besides, I have enough of those round gauges filling up space in the car.
:wink:

polarmoment

$200GT-4":1fb095gi said:
I got my friend an AEM wideband off of Ebay for $230 shipped, haven't seen them that cheap since. :doh: These are $70 for the DIY kit, plus the sensors are like $70-80. Figure $180 but then you have to buy the cases and stuff, about $200 when it's all said and done. At least it can datalog though.

i paid $55 shipped for the kit, $50 shipped for the sensor and $4 for the case. that's $109 for a programmable wideband that can datalog.

$200GT-4

polarmoment":k1vuj8xi said:
$200GT-4":k1vuj8xi said:

i paid $55 shipped for the kit, $50 shipped for the sensor and $4 for the case. that's $109 for a programmable wideband that can datalog.

Link or ban!! :shoots: Isn't it $70 on the website? Or did you not get the display? Regardless $50 shipped on the sensor is dirt ass cheap, please do share your sources!

polarmoment

alan might not sell the DIY kits, or maybe he raised the price.. but when i bought mine it was $45 + $10 shipping. i don't need a display, i feed it into my datalogger and log everything on my laptop. if i ever do need a display, i can easily find LED panel meters for like $10 that have a selectable decimal placement, and just run the output as V=AFR/10.

i got the sensor from rockauto. it's a standard motor products sensor (which is just a repackaged bosch). i think i found it under like 2002 VW beetle 1.8t or something. it was like $48 + ~$5 shipping (and i just used the 5% discount code that they keep updated over on mr2oc).

gt4tified

Alan said that he only raised the price on the Assembled kits because he did not have the time to assemble them anymore. Your price is such because you did not get the display.

I bought DIY Reader ($45) + DIY display ($25) + $10shipping = $80.00

The sensor cost me $63. shipped and the wiring and project cases etc came up to around $20. So in all the wideband in my hand cost me around $200.00.....still pretty darn good compared to a LM-1 which is about $400 after shipping & duties etc.

edited:pICS
[img=http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9187/unitassembledresizedui6.jpg]

[img=http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3933/afrcomponentsresizedhx4.jpg]

[img=http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6499/unitinstalledresizedxw4.jpg]