st-165 distributor wiring????

smc252

Alright, so which ones are what?

I believe the red one is ground but have no clue about the other 3.

Trying to make sure my autronic is wired correctly, car still runs weird.

smc252

That site didn't work...

BUT I got my car to idle, but as soon as I tip the throttle at all, it tries to die. When I let off, right back to a normal idle.

The distributor's ground wire is hooked up and should be fine, so I have 2 other wires. I tried both ways, and the way it is now seems to be the only way it wants to start.

I assume my gas is good, as the idle is fine... Getting a good stable spark, and obviously getting air... The car ran fine before the headwork, so I am either going to just give up and sell it or pay someone to figure it out. At this point, it's just pissing me off.

Klas

Maybe this will help
f78aecbf.jpg

Klas

I suggest that ju forgett the wire colors and look at the connector markings instead (NE,G1,G2,G). The wire colors didn´t match on my distributor either :shrug:

smc252

I think it may have been a fuel issue all along. I disconnected the fuel return line and no fuel is coming out of it!

Just to double check though, the distributor has 3 sensors. The two on top which are 180 out from eachother, then the sensor in the lowest part I believe is the reference signal? I assume the sensor on "top" is the one I use along with the one I modded to have 4 teeth...

God this car better run before July or it's gone. :(