ViPEC a new Stand alone

magnum

gt4tified":eh4o29jx said:
I'm not seeing the AllTrac/GT4 listed on the PNP apps. list. Does anyone have the link or better yet the price?
Country State Company Details Phone/Fax
Trinidad & Tobago
Port-of-Spain
Wayne Alexis
Velocity Automotive
18 Mathura street,
St.James , Port- of-Spain
Trinidad &Tobago
West Indies. Ph:1 868 622 9778
Fax: 1 868 622 9778
Email. vlcity@tstt.net.tt
Try here for a price for you. I think if you converted $1675US into your currency you would have the price they would charge.
PNP list is here http://www.vi-pec.com/page_files/pluginecu.htm

RWDragoon

Yes two different systems. But both made by the same handful of guys. Skip the drama and buy haltech. Plug-N-play is over rated. When is using a 17+ year old harness ever the best idea? Flying lead harness's arn't difficult to install and at the end of the day you have a better product, and usually the availability to add more options. Just my two cents.

magnum

Haltech and Motec are both very good systems. I choose the Vi-pec because of the PNP system and their software. I'm using all factory sensors so it's a lot easier to use a PNP. I believe there is less chance of having shorts because of faulty splicing or errors in wiring. To some this may not be a concern. I also like the fact that someone is finally using a USB line to connect to a laptop instead of a serial cable. There is so many systems available that you have to pick the features that are important to you.

Fourplay

Quicktune looks like an interesting feature, like Autronic autotune but somewhat more refined.

Have you tuned the car yet? If so how did the Quicktune perform?

magnum

Fourplay":2ms8kjdx said:
Quicktune looks like an interesting feature, like Autronic autotune but somewhat more refined.

Have you tuned the car yet? If so how did the Quicktune perform?
I just ordered it a few days ago so it will be a couple weeks until I receive it. I should have it installed with the rest of my mods and tuned by the end of September.

gt4tified

magnum":3hjhyy88 said:
gt4tified":3hjhyy88 said:
I'm not seeing the AllTrac/GT4 listed on the PNP apps. list. Does anyone have the link or better yet the price?
Trinidad & Tobago
Port-of-Spain
Wayne Alexis
Velocity Automotive
18 Mathura street,
Trinidad &Tobago
Try here for a price for you. I think if you converted $1675US into your currency you would have the price they would charge.

I called him....he's an arrogant idiot who wants to gouge my eye out with high prices. Imagine for what he's asking, speaking in my currecny's terms, I can get a CT20b AND a Microtech standalone, installed & tuned!

RWDragoon

gt4tified":jw7op652 said:
magnum":jw7op652 said:
gt4tified":jw7op652 said:
Trinidad & Tobago
Port-of-Spain
Wayne Alexis
Velocity Automotive
18 Mathura street,
Trinidad &Tobago

I called him....he's an arrogant idiot who wants to gouge my eye out with high prices. Imagine for what he's asking, speaking in my currecny's terms, I can get a CT20b AND a Microtech standalone, installed & tuned!

how much is he asking?

abraxxa

I'm happy with my Haltech E8, even it isn't fine tuned cause the clutch is slipping (Carbonetic already lying next to me).
The main reason why I use a Haltech is that the only EMS tuner in a 500km radius maps Haltech since over 10 years.

RWDragoon

Yeah I used to install them alot in RX-7's. Used to cost about $1200CAN and wasn't a bad deal. So-So ECU worked great with 7's. Now our distributor has increased the price. I'm no longer very interested in there products.

ST185pinjo

I don't know if it is relevant, but I just found some SM4 autotune tuning.
In this video you can see how easy the autotune function is.
This video starts in the fuelmap, where all the blocks need to be tuned.
When they start you can see the 2 black blocks moving slowly together at the bottom of the map, this represents the preset A/F and measured A/F.
You can notice one of the block in the map has an red square around it. That is the block they are autotuning. The fuelmap has a preinstalled map behind it where the ideal A/F of every block is. The autotune adjusts the amount of fuel needed to reach that ideal preset A/F.

You keep the engine's rev/load the same to keep the red square exactly over one of the blocks. Then the autotune starts its work, and keeps adjusting the fuel amount to get to that blocks specific preset A/F. When the block you are working on starts turning yellow, you are allmost there.
A green block means it is whitin spec.

You can not autotune every block and don't need to because you don't use all the blocks when driving. Boost maps are manual tuned. It's about the same ,but you need to log a run and then manually change the fuel. Then log a run again, and adjust it. This is done until you are happy with your A/F (Boost).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7I4Zn0sbFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM0x71epzxk
on a turbo busa

Hic

RWDragoon":1ctntfxf said:
Yes two different systems. But both made by the same handful of guys. Skip the drama and buy haltech. Plug-N-play is over rated. When is using a 17+ year old harness ever the best idea? Flying lead harness's arn't difficult to install and at the end of the day you have a better product, and usually the availability to add more options. Just my two cents.

This is not true.

I was an Autronic dealer for years, I left it and am now working with Vipec.

Vipec is a BRAND NEW MODEL of ecu. It HAS some good features of Link G3+ model of ecu (www.linkecu.com), but also, it has MANY MORE options that differs it from Link or Autronic.

First of all, it has 40MHz automotive processor. It has 8 inj and 8 ign outputs.
There is PNP version for ALL TOYOTA's (turbo).

Any questions can be asked HERE and will be answered HERE.

I own 3SGTE 4wd turbo, 1990. It has ChrisK engine, made on my plans and it has 600HP (engine can take 1000, but this is an everyday car), powered with V88 Vipec.

Resolutin, stability, ease of use, Quicktune, anlog inputs....there is NO SIMILAR ECU for the price, neither quality.

I personally tested Pectel SQ6 ECU (Ford WRC car is using it) againt Vipec V44, in Cairns, Australia, and I can testify that quality of ignition and injection control IS THE SAME AS Pectel SQ6.

Also, there is numerous combination inside the ecu itself, you can create your own tables and controls....in one word, ONLY ecu that you will ever want or need.

Hic

ST185pinjo":14css3al said:
I don't know if it is relevant, but I just found some SM4 autotune tuning.
In this video you can see how easy the autotune function is.
This video starts in the fuelmap, where all the blocks need to be tuned.
When they start you can see the 2 black blocks moving slowly together at the bottom of the map, this represents the preset A/F and measured A/F.
You can notice one of the block in the map has an red square around it. That is the block they are autotuning. The fuelmap has a preinstalled map behind it where the ideal A/F of every block is. The autotune adjusts the amount of fuel needed to reach that ideal preset A/F.

You keep the engine's rev/load the same to keep the red square exactly over one of the blocks. Then the autotune starts its work, and keeps adjusting the fuel amount to get to that blocks specific preset A/F. When the block you are working on starts turning yellow, you are allmost there.
A green block means it is whitin spec.

You can not autotune every block and don't need to because you don't use all the blocks when driving. Boost maps are manual tuned. It's about the same ,but you need to log a run and then manually change the fuel. Then log a run again, and adjust it. This is done until you are happy with your A/F (Boost).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7I4Zn0sbFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM0x71epzxk
on a turbo busa

Vipec does it FASTER AND MORE RELIABLE THROUGH THE TEMPERATURE RANGE.

Ask anything here or use my mail, hic@thperformance.com

I personally tested vipec ecu's against Autronic, and I can tell that the information about the ignition walk on autronic SM4 (while accelerating the car) IS TRUE. ANYBODY can test in 10 minutes himself. This is not a lie.

Hic

gt4tified":1cbsssmx said:
Just over $2200. in USD. :shock:

That is a fair price for V88. He is not mugging you at all.

If you don't have money, you can always buy megasquirt :):):)

I am not joking, V88 is BETTER than motec, it has so much capabilities that in real life, you will be using maybe 20% of it's capbilities!

You need V44 PNP for 185.

Also, in my country, import duties are 41%. So try to work with these, and you will see that state is your "silent" partner!

LIGHTSPD

Saw this little conversation going on here thought I might chime in.
I used to sell Autronic but don't anymore due to a couple reasons of which I am not going to get into here. I have installed and tuned over 20 Vi-PEC systems now and I love it. I have posted a video of the fuel tuning process using the autom tune software on our website. I am happy to put a link up here and let you have a gander for yourself. If you have any comments about anything or questions please feel free to ask me.

Cheers Cam
Lightspeed Innovations Technical

http://www.lightspeedinnovations.com/upload/Vipec auto tune.wmv