What'll work for me?

vash169

I'm looking for something that'll eliminate my AFM, and give me some tuning options as I upgrade the engine over time. I was thinking SAFC at first but since that'll only bypass the AFM I'm not sure it'll be worth the trouble if something else can do that and more. I'd also like to maintain low speed driveability, after all I've still gotta drive to work so I can pay for all this stuff!

vash169

Yeah I figured that was best. Are there any that are relatively simple to operate, I've noticed stuff like the Hydra Nemesis demand someone who knows how to use it to tune it and I'm fairly certain there's noone who fits the bill around here.

WarTowels

I think *most* stand alone's require a tuner... or at the very least a proprietary software that you hook up via laptop.

But in reality... you need a dyno to properly tune them.

So first step would be to find some local dynos (AWD preferably) and find out what they can work with.

I know there are a few options for the Alltrac:

Hydra
AEM
MegaSquirt
Autronic
MoTeC M400

Try a searching- there's been several threads on stand alones. :D

-Towels

gt4tified

The SAFC does not bye-pass the AFM. Technically it just tricks it...if it bye-passes then it would have been great to get rid of it alltogether. The HKS VPC does that, or as said, a standalone ems.

Mafix

the vpc system works great until you turn the boost up. on some ecus the vpc will put out too much voltage which in turn induces fuel cut. hence why i got rid of mine.