opinions of e-manage blue

Talk EMS and Computer related performance

Postby mx6er2587 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:55 pm

the emange's most direct competition is the aem f/ic (fuel ignition controller) Overall I feel its probably a slightly better fit for the alltrac then the emange. However no one I know has tried/ been able to get one running on a 3sgte.

For slightly more then the emanage blue there is the emanage ultimate. There are several guys running these. But guess what; these aren't easy to get running on the 3s either. The one person I know of who has one running 100% built some custom circuitry to make some of the signals read correctly.

There is also the various afc/safc/vafc/hks safc all these guys do about the same thing. They let you tweak the afm signal to trick the euc into thinking there is different volumes of air. They're cheaper then the blue but lack the ability to correct the ignition timing wich is thrown way off when you mess with the afm signal

You can also send your ecu into ats to have it remapped. This is the most expensive option listed here but its a fairly good one. Problem with a remap is that you have no tunability. If its wrong its wrong and unless you can get your car to ats to tune its just a guessing game. No don't get me wrong ats is very good at guessing. With the huge number of cars they've tuned they have maps for just about anything.

Personaly in the $200-500 price range I think the emanage blue is the best buy.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
mx6er2587
Established Member

Postby siralys » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:08 pm

Thanks. I just got my st165 and I haven't gotten to get real familiar with everything yet, pretty much its all new to me. So I'm just trying to figure things out as far as what to do. My neighbor tunes cars daily but I haven't gotten him to look at it yet. How do these ecu's respond to chip tuning? He uses chrome because he knows how to write his own codes and shit haha hes a genius but I didn't know if he'd be able to tune the alltrac like he does with hondas and nissans.
2003 hyundai santa fe- daily driver
1995 vw passat vr6- modded wagon- sold
1988 celica alltrac- in parts finding mode
siralys
Club Member

Postby mx6er2587 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:28 pm

unforutnatly there are no user programable chip tunes for the alltrac. The only ready available rom tune is the one from ats and as I mentioned you can't tune it yourself.

Now if your buddy really is that good with crome, there have been several guys who have converted to a honda ecu running crome with good results. Theres some info on it here and there but you really need to know your wiring to make that work
mx6er2587
Established Member

Postby MrDB » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:08 pm

Well almost got a patch harness made. All wires located except for ignition control. Anyone know what wires to intercept on OEM harness ??
Car Build : [ http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=26755 ]
MrDB
Club Member

Previous

Return to EFI Corner