ecu question??

speedlabracer

hey ever since I have swapped my 3sgte into my 90 st I have had minor problems...which have recently turned into major problems. i went and got my car tuned and new sensors were swapped in to see if this would solve the problems that were occuring. When I went to pick my car up my mechanic said "you know I have swapped out just about every sensor that appeared to need it, and it runs great now when it runs" I was confused so he told me to look at my ecu. The entire middle plug to the ecu is melted/melting, so when the ecu is moved either up or down it will run crappy, then it will click back into place and run good again. It sounds almost as if a solonoeid will click on then off???? I also have some type of short going to my battery because my battery will always die soon after turning it off....this problem has just began. so now i always have to jump start my car. the battery and alternator have been checked..battery is almost brand new, and both are working fine. my question is can the ecu problem be draining my battery?? also does anyone know where i could just get the middle plug and wires without having to purchase an entire wiring harness. Any info would be great. Thanks.

speedlabracer

thanks gary. I have a few worries though. the first question here is what is causing it to melt. i have to find that out first before i swap in a new one, or it may happen again. my second worry is my poor electrical skills, i really dont want to try this on my own because i'm afraid i'd mess something up, but right now I dont have the money to afford to pay for someone to do this for me. but i will try to figure somethign out. later