Anyone use S-AFC Neo?

mx6er2587

never run the neo but I would personally avoid it. In my searching around the internet when I was considering one I found the reviews were mostly negative. There are apparently lots of compatibility issues, and reports of early failures.

The general consensus seems to be that the neo sure is pretty but that the safc II or vafc II will do everything you need with much more reliability

OlyST185

as far as i know, most of us here esp on 3sgte will avoid piggy back system. Toyota dont run really good when you play with the signals.

Simba

Specific to these cars, you don't want to play with the AFM signal for the purposes of removing fuel, as it adds timing. The only way to do it properly is to also massage the ignitor signal so that you can keep the timing where it needs to be while playing with fuel.

Some piggybacks, like the MAP ECU for example, will do this. Most will not.

compy591

I'm currently on somewhat of a budget, my reasoning to using an safc as opposed to spending over 1000 dollars on tuning, so i guess my question would be with an upgraded turbo/fmic setup looking for about 275awhp, what device would you recommend for my situation?

mx6er2587

emanage. it allows you to mess with the afm signals like an safc but it can also then correct the ignition timing.

Simba

compy591":1hf4owe4 said:
I'm currently on somewhat of a budget, my reasoning to using an safc as opposed to spending over 1000 dollars on tuning, so i guess my question would be with an upgraded turbo/fmic setup looking for about 275awhp, what device would you recommend for my situation?

If you're content with 275, I'd just bore the rail, get a pressure regulator and bump it up to 50 psi or so, and run a stock computer. You should be able to make 275 with relative ease so far as the turbo is up to it.

That will be around the upper limit, though, and you'd want a wideband o2 to keep an eye on things.

If you feel the need to play with fuel and timing, or intend to at some point exceed 275, a MAP ECU or Emanage would be in line with your goals.

Simba

compy591":pbsppp1u said:
What about detecting knock, or is that not going to be as big of a deal with only a 275awhp goal?

Stock computer will still detect knock and pull timing. I don't know if the Emanage is an adjustment over baseline like the MAP, but if it does it'll still pull timing if knock is detected. (Though perhaps not as much if you've added timing).

Mafix

with the stock 165 computer you will have trouble getting to that 275whp mark. with all the things you want just go standalone and be done. i know it's expensive but with the 165 ecu it'll be well worth it in the end.

mx6er2587

Simba":1w6icccl said:
compy591":1w6icccl said:
What about detecting knock, or is that not going to be as big of a deal with only a 275awhp goal?

Stock computer will still detect knock and pull timing. I don't know if the Emanage is an adjustment over baseline like the MAP, but if it does it'll still pull timing if knock is detected. (Though perhaps not as much if you've added timing).

emanage adds over baseline. so it will still pull timing like a stock ecu.

tw2

Beware that bumping up the stock fuel pressure will increase fuel all across the board, not just when you are making the most power. I would save up and do the whole thing properly. As simba said, mapecu is probably the only piggy back you should be looking at. Making a reliable quick car costs.