MAF - MP sensor conversion

Nitro_Alltrac

That's an excellent question. Seeing how there is one for the Mk3 Supra, I would think it would be a possibility to adapt it to the All Trac. Hopefully someone has more info.

tissimo

No, the regular MAFT uses a GM hotwire MAF in place of the stock MAF (mainly used on karman vortex afms cars). GM mafs can be used in a blowthrough setup.

MAFT Pro had a speed density conversion on it. Evernything I've heard on the system though isn't very good.

Go with the tried and true VPC setup or MAPECU also will do a speed density conversion.

xaftermath801x

maf using karman vortex signals which is all obd1 supras use a frequencey to reference airflow so it would not work at all. BUT are fortunate enough to have a 5v airflow meter instead because mimicking a variable 5 volt signal is not hard at all to duplicate with a map sensor at all versus using a karman vortex afm. duplicating any kV afm sucks!! on my supra its terrible. i have a vpc and and safc and it isnt any better than a maft would be. if you could find a map sensor that was close the the same voltage output as our afm at certain loadpoints than that would be all you would need but it would be difficult to find. thats why map ecu works so great for our setups because it can duplicate the signals and it will also build your map for you if you set it up on learn mode first. it will learn your voltages at certain points and save them so you can delete your afm and run it almost perfectly.

935motorsports

You can use MAF delete with Emanage Ultimate, though the unit is still pricey.

What people don't realize, is that you can use any MAP sensor. You don't have to buy the $100+ greddy unit. Of course you would be limited to 14 psi on the stocker though.

Even the stock one would work. It takes just a few hours to map it and you are set.

built2run

well the AFM 3sgte's have an inverse signal in vacuum there will be high voltage vs most other systems that have low voltage in vacuum. if you find an inverter you can use any map or hotwire because a hotwire DOES send a 0-5v analog signal to the ecu. and the split second unit is the one you wanna look at its like 400 bucks though.

xaftermath801x

built2run":ipqbobt2 said:
well the AFM 3sgte's have an inverse signal in vacuum there will be high voltage vs most other systems that have low voltage in vacuum. if you find an inverter you can use any map or hotwire because a hotwire DOES send a 0-5v analog signal to the ecu. and the split second unit is the one you wanna look at its like 400 bucks though.

i meant karman vortex which does not. i confuse that and hotwire alot cuz mk4 supras have both depending on ob1 or obd2. the earlier supra does not have karman vortex the ob2 does have hotwire. thanks for catching that i just edited my post with the right info :wink:

built2run

8)

so who here is crafty with cirquits and a/d converters and what not i have an idea to make a converter and harness for very cheap please pm or post here

d1alltrac

This came up a while back....

The 7M-GTE uses the karmon vortex, but the 7M-GE uses a flapper door AFM very similar to the 165.(it even has the fuel pump relay)

In theory, the MAFT pro for 7MGE supras should work. Wiring it up would be simple; the AFM pinout is identical to the 165 and they've taken care of the fuel pump relay. I don't know what's involved in programming/setup with these, so there could be an issue there.

We just need a guinea pig to get in touch with the guy who sells them and give it a shot.

But even if it works, is it worth the $400+/- needed to get all the required parts?

This is the thread we found back then....
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35302

Madseacow

I appologize for bringing a thread back from the dead. But I have a complete maft-pro sitting here (and a wideband). If someone is willing to help, I'll be the guinea pig. The problem is that I know next to nothing about tuning. I can hook the system up, but beyond that, I'm lost. I have found this thread: http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthr ... ight=3sgte
But it doesn't look like much came to fruition.

d1alltrac

It's unlikely that you'll find much help here. You should post on that forum you linked to or something like supramania where they'll have more experience with that unit. Good luck. :)

Off topic but where in TX are you located?

Madseacow

yea, it looks like a dead end, which is too bad because it's a nice setup. And I'm not eager to sell it since I paid close to 800 for everything. But I'm ditching the 7m and DSM (thank god, I hate that car more than gun control). So I'm looking at selling it for 350, shipped, if I'm lucky.
I'm in Austin... well close enough

Mafix

i've had a vpc. i was not impressed. seemed more of a waste. that's money that can be put to eliminating the ecu altogether, which in the short of things is the problem.

Madseacow

I really liked the maft-pro on my 7m, very easy to auto-tune, control boost, and remove the afm... because it has a programmed setting for the 7m. I don't know much about the vpc, but the maft pro converts your system to speed-density using a 3 bar and IAT sensor. Oh well, I've got a profec e01 that I'll use with emanage instead.