EGR Temp Sensor Issues when using a AP PowerFC

gtfour-wrc

Gents,

I'm trying to fit an AP PowerFC for a Gen2 SW20 to my 1990 GT4. As my OEM harness has no pinout for THG(EGR Temp Sensor) I need the help of my Cali-Emission controlled GT4/Alltrac friends :D

Can someone with a 91+ Alltrac with EGR intact please disconnect their EGR temp sensor from their engine harness and see if they get a code 71 please?

or

If you are already running an AP PowerFC in your 91+ Alltrac, can you disconnect the EGR temp sensor from the engine harness and let me know if the sensor 'THE' fails on your commander or a CEL displays on you dash.

You can follow my thread here http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1021703#1021703

Big ask I know but I'm hoping the community can come through 8)

AvivB

Not sure if it help you, but I have a JDM RC engine and ECU (...-xx310) and disconnecting the THE (EGR) signal doesn't produce any error code.

Just to be sure, I'm keeping this signal connected to the body (-) since I've removed the temp. sensor.

935motorsports

A power FC, a JDM product, shouldn't have provision for an EGR temp sensor. I'm not sure why that would throw a code (unless I read your post wrong).

gtfour-wrc

Thanks for the responses all.

The AP Engineering Power FC is made for JDM ECU - 89661-17380 this has the provision for EGR and EGR Temp Sensor. The car runs/ drives fine with the JDM ECU plugged in.

gtfour-wrc

The AP Eng Power FC can work in both L-Jetro and D-Jetro setups. It is specifically made to be used as a D-Jetro setup but to use all Rev2 sensors. This is why the instructions mention the use of only 1 sensor the MAT wired to the AIT wires from the AFM harness. No mention anywhere on the extra document regarding an AIT sensor.

It can be used as a L-Jetro setup but would not be ideal as you will be tuning the Air Temp from the AFM and not from within the IM.

It's a Plug 'N' Play ecu for a Rev2 though most people opt for the Rev3 as it was cheaper to buy NIB when available.

I know quite a few JDM tuning houses purchased them from APEXI and applied their own branding to them for the 1991-93 ST185 GT-Four crowd. (BrashBoy, JSpeed to name a few)

Unfortunately its rare and not many saw the shores outside of Japan.

Rev2(ST185v2 & SW20v2) motors inc. JDM all used EGR and EGR temp sensors.
Rev1(ST185v1 & SW20v1) JDM motors did not have EGR.
Rev1(ST185v1 & SW20v1) UK/US/Aus had EGR but no sensors, except California motors they had the EGR sensor aswell.

I've purchased/borrowed and confirmed this by opening both Rev's of ECU for the SW20 (JDM & US). The reason is because most websites displayed the pinouts but they are missing quite a few especially the JDM versions on this website http://st165turbo4wd.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ecu_pinouts.html

CCO has it's own sensor reading on the PowerFC Commander so, No its not that.

I think the info and usage of the AP Power FC has been wrong in the past so I'm hoping we can finally get it sorted for all those who wish to use them in the future :D