Emanage Blue vs. Ultimate...

Talk EMS and Computer related performance

Postby gt4tified » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm liking this response from Rob. Seems that the ultimate or even blue is what I may need should I decide to upgrade to a larger turbo but stay on the stock injectors and cams.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
ST185 JDM GT-FOUR RC- "White Trash"
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8264/dynographsmallstretchedmu9.jpg[/img][/url]
gt4tified
GTFour God

Postby CeliNate » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:36 am

I have an Ultimate and I love it, I've never used the BLue so I can't tell you the difference, but for my needs the Ultimate is awesome ^_^ although I wish it had some kind of anti-lag or launch control capability.
CeliNate

Re: Emanage Blue vs. Ultimate...

Postby TRDcelica90 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:00 am

im very bad at understanding ECUs, but im looking for something that will

1. safely lean out the mixture to provide better economy nd power.
2. delete the AFM
3. allow me to put in my 540s.

is this the best option for me?

thanks
1990 Toyota Celica GT-FOUR RC Now with the power of a Garrett GT30!!

1987 Toyota Celica GT-Four ST165 Rally car in the making..
TRDcelica90
Club Member

Postby bozo-merlin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:07 pm

To lean a mixture :

with Blue you have to MOD the AFM signal so timing going bad
with Ultimate you could MOD injection directly
overall you could use 540 on both but not with the same tuning method.

With a pressure sensor you could emulate the AFM signal on Ultimate, not sure you could on Blue.
You have to add a manifold temp sensor to make adjustment on inj and ign, could be done on Ultimate, not sure on Blue

I had an EMU, i am now on a standalone (easier for fine tune), EMU is a good piggy as the last MAPECU (they share the rpm vs boost vs AFM output signal to start with), i tried a Blue one on my 205 but i don't like the way you adjust AFR (affect timing) as a SAFC with bigger table so remove it and look after a 2nd EMU or perhaps a standalone (expensive for a DD)
Jérémy
ex 91 RHD ST185 - 2.94kg/BHP
93 RHD ST185 - 2.71kg/BHP
98 RHD SW20 NA
bozo-merlin
Club Member

Postby gearhead313 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:03 pm

I've had some seat time with an Ultimate, but not a blue. I street tuned a turbo rsx-S with it and I was surprised how well everything worked together.

Here's the reality. If you have a daily driver, you should look at piggybacks instead of standalones. A factory computer has endless hours of tuning for all load/baro/tipin/idle/voltage/etc variants. It would take a GOOD tuner a long time to properly tune a standalone car for street driving applications. People never think of "well how many accessories did i have on during that pull?" or "what was my elevation".. or "a cold front was moving in and it started to sprinkle"... all those things are already accounted for in your stock ecu. Adjusting the Ultimate to level out a/f's is emulating a signal over top of all that base code. Granted, some standalones do help the tuner account for certain variables, but in the end, there is nothing wrong with a properly tuned and thought out piggy back.
ST165 counter:
#2597 - fail
#3193 - fail
#xxxx - sold
#4598 - sold to Canada eh
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/gearhead313/turbosticker.jpg[/img]
gearhead313
Established Member

1988 Toyota Celica

Postby TRDcelica90 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:09 am

Yeh well, i spose i can keep the AFM, i just wanna lean it out atm and use the 540s, ive got a Garrett GT30 now but im not interested in going insane YET. the piggyback will suit my needs atm, i just thought that MAP was way better than AFM because its spose to be more accurate and a lot less restriction.. i know of a tuner locally with a great rep so im not gonna be tuning it until i get some good knowledge.
1990 Toyota Celica GT-FOUR RC Now with the power of a Garrett GT30!!

1987 Toyota Celica GT-Four ST165 Rally car in the making..
TRDcelica90
Club Member

Re:

Postby pinoyGT4 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:18 am

CeliNate wrote:I have an Ultimate and I love it, I've never used the BLue so I can't tell you the difference, but for my needs the Ultimate is awesome ^_^ although I wish it had some kind of anti-lag or launch control capability.

EMU has launch control capability.. :)

hth
Making your car track worthy is making it more than road worthy
www.grupotoyota.com.ph
pinoyGT4
Club Member

Postby xander279 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:04 pm

you should go fully tunable ecu or even megasquirt because piggyback does nothing but increases your chances for detonation (which makes it inevitable) because it advances ignition timing....
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
1992 Toyota Celica All-Trac Turbo
xander279
Club Member

Postby presure2 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:05 pm

amp279 wrote:you should go fully tunable ecu or even megasquirt because piggyback does nothing but increases your chances for detonation (which makes it inevitable) because it advances ignition timing....

actually, this is not true with the emanage ultimate.
it controls injector opening time directly, POST ecu.
it can however also do it in the more traditional piggyback style of modifying the airflow signal if desired.
it can also do FCD,2 step, rev delimiter, speed delimiter, and some neat tricks can be done with it like boost control ect.
imo its a pretty powerful little unit, especially if you can find a good deal on one used, you can find them pretty consistantly for a good price on the various boards.
www.6gc.net for all things 94-99 celica related
presure2
Club Member

Previous

Return to EFI Corner