fuel

widebodyhachi

Has anybody done serious tunning using uprated fuel rails and 1000cc injectors what sort of torque curve, boost, turbo size, throttle body size, intake manifold design etc have people used, fuel pressure delivery/feed

widebodyhachi

Im thinking specificly of the HKS fuel injectors and fuel reail upgrade nd what size inlet for fuel pressure regulator, hose lines etc

Im putting the 3SGTE into an AW11 so Im making a custom intake manifold because I need the throttle to face the front of the engine (pulley side) using 100mm throttle body

I want around the 6-700hp mark so a T04E I was thinking with 50mm external wastegate set at 10psi

But I want pictures of people turbo manifolds there fuel set-up (surge tank or not)

Intake manifold intercooler size and intercooler piping size etc

illGT4

lol.. holy smokes.. 600-700 hp in an aw11 ? Schweeeeet! :D

What is the purpose of this car if I may ask?

alltracman78

If you're going that custom, have you thought about using a 5S-FE block and 3S head? It would give you a 'lil bit more displacement.

widebodyhachi

I plan on getting a stroker kit from eaither JUN or garage fuiki
the 5SFE I dont know how strong the block is wha the size or the wter jets are etc the 3SGTE block is just a wiser choice in my opinion because it is a guarnted to handle the power

illGT4

widebodyhachi":1za8eblw said:
I plan on getting a stroker kit from eaither JUN or garage fuiki
the 5SFE I dont know how strong the block is wha the size or the wter jets are etc the 3SGTE block is just a wiser choice in my opinion because it is a guarnted to handle the power

lol.. the 5s block is prefered for stroking by some excellent builders. :D

___Scott___

It's my understanfing that the 3S and the 5S are the same block (the "S" is the block code.) The difference is that the 3S has oil squirters already, and the 5S only has the casting for them (so you could put them in if you want.)

illGT4

___Scott___":lulqnumr said:
It's my understanfing that the 3S and the 5S are the same block (the "S" is the block code.) The difference is that the 3S has oil squirters already, and the 5S only has the casting for them (so you could put them in if you want.)

I'll research the exact reasons why again soon.. maybe a destroked 5s was a better choice for some reason..

I'll post the info so there is some idea behind this.

alltracman78

___Scott___":18hed7g8 said:

Agreed the castings are very similar, but there are some differences...
for instance the 5s block doesn't fit with the awd tranny, 'cause the ribs hit....

And the S isn't the block code, it's the engine family.

illGT4

alltracman78":1ivq9j1b said:
___Scott___":1ivq9j1b said:

for instance the 5s block doesn't fit with the awd tranny, 'cause the ribs hit....

There may be a solution for the ribs hitting. :D

___Scott___

alltracman78":3lt61h3s said:
Sounds like a job for Mr. Grinder.

:doh: My fuzzy memory fails me again :doh:

It'll be interesting to see what the differences really are.

widebodyhachi

No I plan to use just thefactory set-up with stronger everything inside as so many cars use this set-up rather than the 5S

It just makes more sende to pay the money to start of with exactly what you want

I know its not the 4thgen 3SGTE but again its not made for transaxle positioning so its not right from factory

I plan on using a little company used to secret/SARD/DENSO to work up my engine bugger the cost they are the best

illGT4

widebodyhachi":j4f815kt said:
No I plan to use just thefactory set-up with stronger everything inside as so many cars use this set-up rather than the 5S

It just makes more sende to pay the money to start of with exactly what you want

I know its not the 4thgen 3SGTE but again its not made for transaxle positioning so its not right from factory

I plan on using a little company used to secret/SARD/DENSO to work up my engine bugger the cost they are the best

Good luck.