Question regarding ecu's

MrMcQuacker

ok i have a gt-four ecu instead of a all trac ecu. the difference from what i remember was that only thing different was that the gt4 ecu is more aggresive than the regular AT ecu. now is there anything else im missing>? (2B280) gt4< and (2B290) AT< differences people?

MrMcQuacker

ok that doesn't quite help me. you have a rc i don. So can anyone help me? agree or disagree. is you disagree care to elaborate. Thank you *Mike*

Sifu

The ecu should be no different between the US or jdm. They are only different by generation.

86turboswap

JDM wiring is a little different. like the ECU not having a HT terminal or OX2
Basically single wire o2 on the JDM and 4 wire on the US. So no O2 heater control.

MrMcQuacker

so there isnt any difference? then how come a gt4 celica 2gen is 225 and the celica AT 2gen is 200? i was told the difference is that there is no motor difference besides the ecu being more aggresive

Simba

JDM ECUs, regardless of whether an RC or not, have more aggressive timing advance and no provision for the EGR valve (no CEL without it). Other than that, they're the same.

I've yet to see any data either way regarding the speed limit. I've had several JDM ECUs and none of them have had a speed limit.

The RC ECUs are the same as the JDM ECUs, save for slightly different fuel tables to accommodate the larger AFM.

MrMcQuacker

ok so the jdm ecu 2gen 3sgte with its ecu we dont have a speed cut?> is our top end 139? or with the jdm ecu we can go beyond 139?> Ty simba for clearing that up for me :)

Fox 21 Alpha

Hate to thread jack, but speaking of this, since it seems there isn't a speed limiter, is there a rev limiter or anything else of that? (This is my first newerish car, last I owned was a 83). I haven't driven it enough yet to really find out

GT4RC

My Grey RC had shop decals all over the ECU, guessing it was flashed.
My black RC had a speed limiter at 180kmh, so I swapped ECU's and now the limiter is gone.

Corey

My GTFour has a limit at ~180-200 km/h and a fuel cut at 14psi. (1989 ST185)

I say approx because the needle passes the 180 mark before the car hits a wall, but im not sure how accurate the speedo is at that speed.

gt4tified

Mafix":3ev6hvqj said:
my jdm ecu had no rev or speed limiter.

And thus, you shall hereafter be known as "the anomaly"! :p

The JDM ecu SHOULD have a speed cut, and it is mapped a bit more aggressively because its factory tuned for 100RON JDM fuel yo!