vipec PLUGIN ST185 ecu replacement board!!

Hic

Corey

if you use PNP box, then it will use stock sensors.

Just to add one hint :D

Unscrew the stock toyota water temp sensor and screw in new one :D It is the same thread size ;)

Also, it is advisable to use vipec IAT sensor, simply because is MORE accurate.

Stock IAT sensor is in AFM (stupid location), and you want the new one in the TB, just make small plate instead 5th injector and screv it in, it is 1/8 NPT thread.

Easy and anyone can do it i n 30mins.

Corey

Sounds good :)

I'm seriously considering the vipec pluginplay board.

If i were to install it myself, could the "Quicktune" software get a safe enough tune on its own for me to drive to a tuner to get it finished?

Hic

Corey

PNP comes with solid basemap.

I recommend Zeitonix WB with EGT sensor, it works great and never fails like Innovate shitty stuff.

That way driving under the law spped limit can take you 100 000 miles to any tuner you choose :D

Jst don't push it and you can drive to the end of the world.

Corey

Awesome :)

Sounds great. That's what I wanted to hear, because my tuner is some 1000 km away.

Really appreciate all the info :)

Cheers

interesting, i was thinking the same things. Lightspeed, is that Cam Koole? i keep getting Lightspeed and the other Alberta place mixed up. I'm thinking its Cam since he's the Vipec guy. I talked to him last summer, he said he should have a competant guy in our neck of the woods that can tune Vipecs. You should ask him about that. Depending when you are going to get your ECU, i may be ready as well. If you go to Alberta, I might be inclined to make a road trip out of it :) Might as well get 2 Vipecs tuned.

Corey

Depending when you are going to get your ECU, i may be ready as well. If you go to Alberta, I might be inclined to make a road trip out of it Might as well get 2 Vipecs tuned.

That would be a blast.

I don't expect to be getting an ECU until I finish school, so about 1.5 years.

So probably a bit later than you're planning to get one.

cozmic512

Hic":2t6lfmq6 said:
Just to add one hint :D

Unscrew the stock toyota water temp sensor and screw in new one :D It is the same thread size ;)

Also, it is advisable to use vipec IAT sensor, simply because is MORE accurate.

Stock IAT sensor is in AFM (stupid location), and you want the new one in the TB, just make small plate instead 5th injector and screv it in, it is 1/8 NPT thread.

Easy and anyone can do it i n 30mins.

hey guys sorry for the late reply.
Corey, the water temp sensor screws right in to where the toyota one is and all you need to do is snip the clip and solder on the new one.
The IAT is in the afm mires. the grey one.
If you want to get rid of the afm, which you def do, you have to wire this in.
I actually drilled and tapped my TB. Im going to see how it works.
if it isnt good, I will do what hic said and make a plate for the cold start injector and install it there.
then just run the grey afm wire to it, then the sensor ground (brown).

but as hic said, very easy to do, and worth getting rid of the afm.
you saw how the Nubkins car reacted when they got rid of that.