anyone use MSD products?

Mafix

I'm using a SCI-l with the special crap you need for a toyota. i was thinking about running a BTM add on. anyone have experiance with this?

OlyST185

my friend runs MSD ignition on hes mr2 mk2 1997 3sGTE with SDS EFI. Strong fire here. but i think this would be one of the last thing i would buy for my engine considering that several poeple achieved over 500hp with the OEM toyota ignition system.

ChrisD

BTM allows the user to manipulate the timing with accordance to boost.

It does it's job, but I don't really like it. You can only adjust on a linear scale to boost. Personally, I would spend the money on something like the Apexi SITC, the Greddy Emanage, or the Perfect Power SMT6, which allow much more control over the timing maps.

alltracman78

I've got a msd on mine....

Felt a bit faster :shrug:

It did give me better gas milage on the hiway, so from that I would say it does increase pwr a bit.

CodingParadox

What the heck does an MSD really _do_, anyway? Is it just a stronger igniter, or what? Where does the "multiple spark" part come in? Seeing as how there's one in the car I bought, I figure I probably outta understand what the heck it is. :)

Mafix

well really it depends on which ignition system you have. sci?6al? somewhere in there? on the high rev models they spark twice up to 3000 rpms, after that they spark for a 20 degree duration. it modifies the stock ignitor signal. it is also the basic building block for the ignition system without swapping stock computers. pretty much a bolt on(wire in) system that gives you more bang. that's about it. it has a lot of expansion capabilities. so that's a good thing there too. for example mine controls my TVIS system now.

smc252

I've got an MSD DIS-2 I was gonna use on my 3s-gte but I am using a standalone which can do everything it does so I don't even need it. In fact, I paid over $350 for the damn thing, anyone wana buy it off me for $300? Help fund the fastest street legal Celica EVER!

_Steve