In desperate need of a local CT tuner... :-)UPDATE(-:

FWD-3SGTE

I am this close to giving up on my project. If it was easy to part the whole thing out, I would. This car hasn't been running right for well over a year now and my NY tuner can't firgure it out and he's just too busy to work on it. So my plan is to bring the car back home asap.

Anyway, I'm in northern CT, right on the border of Mass and I'm in desperate need of a tuner that is willing to come to my place to help me diagnose this. The car is built and is ready to fire (was once already tuned) and now I have some stupid ECU issue that won't go away. Most likely something stupid, but I/we can't figure it out...

The car is a st184 with a JDM 185 motor running AEM along with the AEM injector driver box and some hella big Precision injectors. My next step is to run some different injectors so I can eliminate the AEM injector box.

If someone is willing to listen to my problem, or if you guys want me to post it here, let me know. I just don't want to start spilling it out all over this post right now.

I just want this problem solved because it's gotten me so far away from my spirit of building a car that I'm almost ready to give up :*-(

Thanks.

FWD-3SGTE

I understand, but I really only posted this to find a local tuner. I'm just getting some of the details out of the way so whoever wants to help will have an idea of what I'm working with :)

klue

Id also be willing to look over your cal files.

I would need a detailed list of your mods and the files

FWD-3SGTE

Great, than you guys! I am hoping to have the car back in a couple of weeks so when that comes home, I can grab some cal files for who ever wants them :)

FWD-3SGTE

Yeah, it seems to be a fuel issue and my thought was that the injector driver wasn't cooperating. But, I had both the ECU and the injector driver sent out to AEM and they said... it checked out ok. Probably checked out of for them, but acts up with us :shrug:

I'm going to get the car back soon, and the next thing I'm going to do is to find a set of injectors that don't require me to run them off of a secondary driver box and go from there.

In short, what happened is my car was running funny, lot's of misfiring all of a sudden. I brought it to my tuner, he diagnosed it for a bit, and couldn't get it to run smooth at all. He put some noid lights on the injector plugs to see what the pulses looked like and they were all over the place, out of control!!!

So then I show up, switch the injector driver power from the ECU to constant 12v and then fired up the car and it ran like a champ minus one injector. Ordered new injector, and it started running like it was for him before.

Arghh, and of course my tuner has to be many miles away and SUPER busy. It's been up there for ages and I just need to get it home and see what I can find out myself and from some of you guys.

FWD-3SGTE

Alright! I finally got the car back!!!!! Still not running correctly of course so I would love to send my cal files and mod list to someone to start. Let me know if anyone wants to take a peak and teach me how to set up a basic cal file :)

FWD-3SGTE

Quick update! I installed some new injectors, Injector Dynamics ID1000's. They are high impedance so they don't require a resistor box, goodbyye AEM injector driver!!

I fired up the car with my original base map after manually setting up my fuel dead time table per Injector Dynamics instructions and she is running... rough, but running. Rough to where is sounds like it was missing a few cylinders. But, I then called my NY tuner and he told me to take 10% fuel out over the whole table and no difference. SO, I preceded to take out more and more fuel untill my idle AFR was around 12-13 ish. She is now idling much smoother.

Next step, find a local tuner!! Ahh, found one in S. Windsor. They seem to tune a lot of high HP domestics buuuut not many 4 cyl imports. I did talk to the "tuner" there and he says he should be able to tune.... I don't know how I feel about this one. Man, I wish my NY tuner was closer, I feel so much better when he's behind the wheel being AEM certified and very familiar with 4cyl applications and what they can handle/produce.

Ahh, but there is more hope! Just did a little googling and found a certified AEM tuner in New Haven! I will keep this updated

Wish me luck!!!

FWD-3SGTE

Thanks for the recommendation. I went with Mongillo Motors in New Haven. They were the closest AEM certified tuner near me so I chose them. Really nice guys, priced well for dyno time and they got some really good reviews.

I will probably update during the middle of the week with some of the progress. He is doing a moderate wastegate tune which is at roughly 10psi boost followed by a street tune for idle and partial throttle.

Hope she gets some good results!