Megasquirt my ST205

Domspun

I sold my C-One ECU and I want to use my Megasquirt I was using on my last race car(Mazda Protege with a KL-ZE). The setup was simple with my Mazda, but I don't know what will work with my ST205!? Anybody installed a MS on this engine?

Thanks!

MWP

Well you throw away the MAP sensor, run the W2A off ignition so its always on, TB is easy to fix.
In what way is the dizzy different??

Domspun

MWP":1o9i7bzk said:
Well you throw away the MAP sensor, run the W2A off ignition so its always on, TB is easy to fix.
In what way is the dizzy different??
I have to check again when my car come back from some repair. I have a spare disty from my ST185 and I wanted to use it on my ST205. Is all MR2/GT4 disty suppose to be the same??

tw2

I am using a gen 3 TB on my gen 2 MS setup, they are identical in how they work, just follow my instructions for the idle up valve and you are good to go. The TPS is extremely easy to calibrate- open it, press calibrate, close it, press calibrate. No problems there.

No one can or would want to use the AFM with megasquirt. MS comes with an internal MAP sensor anyway so pull your stock one out and sell it for a crazy high price for someone wanting a gen 3 electronics swap. We all ditched our AFM as soon as we could.

Chances are your ignition system will not work or will be much to complicated just like the previous generations but no harm in trying... follow the instructions for general dizzy setup in the megamanual. Previous gens have trouble with noise filtering which is why no one has got MS to work with the stock system. I recently changed my dizzy cap on my gen 3 mr2. I did notice that the pick ups look a little different so you might be in luck. Otherwise get EDIS or coil on plug and be done with it- very easy.

IC pump??? you can set this up using a spare output pin, you can run it using any criteria you want, it can come on at a certain rpm/boost/coolant temp or any combination of anything you can think of.

What MS and board are you running and with what code? Hope this helps, otherwise flick through all 217 posts in the FAQ and hopefully most questions should be answered.

Domspun

tw2":2es2s2zo said:
I am using a gen 3 TB on my gen 2 MS setup, they are identical in how they work, just follow my instructions for the idle up valve and you are good to go. The TPS is extremely easy to calibrate- open it, press calibrate, close it, press calibrate. No problems there.

No one can or would want to use the AFM with megasquirt. MS comes with an internal MAP sensor anyway so pull your stock one out and sell it for a crazy high price for someone wanting a gen 3 electronics swap. We all ditched our AFM as soon as we could.

Chances are your ignition system will not work or will be much to complicated just like the previous generations but no harm in trying... follow the instructions for general dizzy setup in the megamanual. Previous gens have trouble with noise filtering which is why no one has got MS to work with the stock system. I recently changed my dizzy cap on my gen 3 mr2. I did notice that the pick ups look a little different so you might be in luck. Otherwise get EDIS or coil on plug and be done with it- very easy.

IC pump??? you can set this up using a spare output pin, you can run it using any criteria you want, it can come on at a certain rpm/boost/coolant temp or any combination of anything you can think of.

What MS and board are you running and with what code? Hope this helps, otherwise flick through all 217 posts in the FAQ and hopefully most questions should be answered.

Nice post!! Thanks a lot. My main concern was ignition. Both my MS were V3.0 with MS1. As for the code, I do not remember. Now I sold them both. I will temporarily use a Greddy e-manage blue while I get another MS built. What do you suggest for the next one? MS2? Board V3.57?

Thanks!

tw2

I would go for MS2 extra on a 3.57 unless you have certain requirements. MS3 is out but from looking at the changes there is nothing there that I personally would take advantage of but it depends what and how you use you car. It is very expensive compared to the others although USB would be nice. If you get a 3.0 or 3.57 board you can upgrade to MS3 later anyway.

gringo

if you are going to convert to distribuitor would you like to sell me your 4 coils ? part # 90919-02227 or 1 at least ?