proven good stand alones

Hic

Pinjo

He would be more than able to tune the Vipec.

Vipec has the best things from Autronic, and everything that Autronic wishes to have :):)

Quicktune is even more faster than Autronic, more stable and reliable, ignition is dead accurate, no scatter in any way, much much more options that actually work!

10 Analog inputs, EGT inputs, 2 knock sensors, with more than a few frequency ranges....really nice piece of hardware.

As for tuning, the strategy is exactly the same as autronic's. Anything you or Gert need, just email or call me. I remeber Gert from my beggings of work with autronic, very nice guy.

Hic

Meurz":1tmlbhbd said:
Hic":1tmlbhbd said:
I really wish only one of board members want to try it....it will be a great thing to hear someone's else opinion.
http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29035 :wink:

EMS is my next mod, but I'm still not sure to go the proven way (Autronic SM4) or also Vi-pec.. :shrug:

Meurz

Vipec is everything autronic wants to be :)

When we stopped to work with autronic, in first few days we didn't know what to do. After years of promoting autronic name and our own, it was hard to choose any other EMS to work with, because realistically, SM4 beat them all, no matter what ppl here say. Autronic was heaps better than AEM, Haltech, Hidra or any of these ems. I tuned them all, just to prove myself that there is no problem in me, but in these ems's.

So, in the end, we approached one ecu manufacturer with our list of demands, with everything we knew about tuning and everything we wanted to have. These guys did what we asked them to do. They made tuner's ecu. It looks silly, but believe, me vipec is a breeze to tune, to maintain and to drive. I tested it personally against pectel sq6, and Ray tested it against Motec M880....it beats the shit out of motec, and only difference between pectel and v88 is the number of configurable outputs!

The most important thing is: EVERYTHING WORKS. We tested absoltely every function to be sure that there are no bad surprises.

Look at this link: http://www.lightspeedinnovations.com/ne ... aspx?ID=20

AND SEE WHY WE STOPPED TO WORK WITH AUTRONIC. Autronic was a great system, but in the end....judge for yourself. Read the text, try for yourself and see the video. I think I don't have anything to add to this.

My contact mail is hic@thperformance.com and if you need any more info about the Vipec, just email me. Skype id is hic185.

Look at this pic: just installing V88 on Opel speedster turbo, with changed injectors, turbo and electronic throttle. This is my garage.

http://i35.tinypic.com/f2n7f9.jpg

These are a few more pics, just for you to see that we have some serious work :)

http://i34.tinypic.com/ezogeh.jpg NSX, 340HP after tuning (276 stock)

http://i33.tinypic.com/bi34n4.jpg EVO9 with 750HP, 911 with 340HP plus 150HP shot of WON, NSX in the back

http://i35.tinypic.com/dyu3bd.jpg Mustang Saleen with 540HP (stck was 380HP), procharger and V88

This is only what I have on my mobile phone :)
There are many more, contact me and we can work something out :)

ST185pinjo

Thanks for that info Hic.

So do you need any other stuff to make the Vipec work on our cars? SM4 works with all Toyota sensors, except you need a different igniter.

Is that the same with Vipec?

ST185pinjo

So nothing but the ecu it self is needed to make this V44 or V88 work.
No Bosch ignitor or anything?

About the SM4 problems, I'll have to see that in person when my engine is back in the car.

Not all ST185 models use the same ecu pinout, AtA is different than CS. I don't know about the Group A and RC.

How does Vipec adress this?

Hic

Pinout should be different only in a few pins, right?

Can you find out what these pins are? That way I can see what things need to be done so it will work with CS harness.

No sweat :)

Btw, CS, GroupA are the same car. Just different market names. Only 2 st185 versions exsists.

Meurz

So that V88 would be the way to go. They only state 'GT4' but I guess it's fully adaptable when I get to the gen3+fmic stage?

Hic

Meurz":9pese71s said:
So that V88 would be the way to go. They only state 'GT4' but I guess it's fully adaptable when I get to the gen3+fmic stage?

If you are going into V88 with wire-in system (non PNP), then you don't have any issues.
The state GT4 , but there are 3 models, st165,85,205. So...I reccomend V88 wire in, with 4 coils from VAG, you can get 4 coils with harness (yep) for 220€. That way you have exactly what you need: direct fire, knock control, you can use 1000cc injectors....whatever you want. And it is so easy to tune :)

We have a tuner in Netherlands, his name is Wouter. Really great guy, this is his phone number: +31 653414087, just tell him I gave you the phone number :)

If you need any info, contact me here or over the phone.

I have GT4 with 600HP and V88....no sweat :)

ST185pinjo

Wouter also sells Vipec?
No Autronic anymore?

What is the negative thing with the malfunction concerning the timing difference after throttle? What can happen?

Hic

Pinjo

Yes, Wouter sells Vipec now.

Negative about autronic:

When you accelerate the engine, it will retard the timing around 4 to 5 degrees. Once it determines that rpm and conditions are stable, it will ADVANCE the timing back.

What happens is that you tune the car, and once you think everthing is good, it will add 5 deg of timing! Or when you accelerate, you will have a lack of timing, if the car is tuned in steady state on dyno.

Too bad....it was a good system to work with, one of the best, in my experience.

ST185pinjo

Yes, I've read that.

Can you notice this while driving? I mean SM4 has been on the market for several years and now people come with this timing issue.

Don't get me wrong, but exactly at the time Ray has an arguement with Autronic and develops Vipec.

Hic

ST185pinjo":36wul9ff said:
Yes, I've read that.

Can you notice this while driving? I mean SM4 has been on the market for several years and now people come with this timing issue.

Don't get me wrong, but exactly at the time Ray has an arguement with Autronic and develops Vipec.

1. Yes you can notice, the car never accelerates as it should. It always miss some timing (5 deg). That is noticeable.

2. Ray didn't have an argumet. He was fed up with Richard's shit through 12 years of solely distributing autronic with no support from richard!! Man, Ray had some nerves to cope up with him for 12years!!

Pinjo, this autronic timing issue has nothing to do with Ray and his decision. You can test it for yourself, you cannot tell this is Ray's fault?!?

I choosed ray and i didn't regret, ppl now working with a brand are stuck with richard and his way of "support".

Support is 80% of quality.

ST185pinjo

Thanks for expaining this.

I never said the timing issue was Ray's fault. Gert has dealt with Ray for a long time, to his satisfaction. I don't want to blame anybody for the issue.

I'm in now way pointing fingers in any direction.

When my engine is in the car again, we will see.
Is this issue concerning all SM4's? Or only late or early models.

Hic

vipec works with analyzer without problems as with all kinds of COP!

You can use VAG coils which are pretty cheap and ready available.

$200GT-4

Vipec jack! I've been rocking SDS in my 4A-GZE now for a little over a year. It's a little quirky, but VERY easy to learn. An excellent stepping stone from the SAFC, I highly recommend it for a first time DIY tuner.

compy591

so this may be a pretty dumb question, but im new to the whole engine management stuff. would the ViPEC V44 work with the 88 st165?

Hic

Yes, there is even a PNP unit for it if I am not wrong :)

Or it can be done with simple adapter, no rewiring needed.