proven good stand alones

gt4tified

My question wasn't simply just if an ecu works MWP, if it was I would have bought what the majority have bought for their alltracs...an AEM or Hydra unit.

Is there a problem starting a discussion on the ALLTRAC site about it?

Anyway, don't bother answering, I started another thread on this forum to deal specifically with it.

Thanks.

kilt88

I am on an Autronic SMC, and am keeping it for my E85 buildup. But I am looking for a used SMC version 1.99 chip.

captaingowa

----Edit----
Hydra EMS setup for the ST165 from KO Racing
I have had a great deal of trouble getting this EMS to work properly from the start.
My biggest issue with the Hydra previously was its lack of end user customization.. meaning I wanted to be able to use non Toyota components and have a really minimal engine harness.
Well with some research and help from Andrew and others I can. Though this information is not plain as day in any support forum.
The Hydra is not sold as a true standalone.. meaning your expected to use your factory harness with a jumper harness in between.
Its great if you don't want the trouble of wiring.
Overall This is a very good EMS.
The latest update is really user friendly.. and thanks to a forum member here on alltrac.net I was able to better understand the EMS outputs..
I am going to call KO Racing today and see if I can get some final details..
I know once I get this all sorted out this will be a phenomenal EMS.

GT4times2

I'm going to give the Megasquirt MS-II or Haltech a try in one of the All Tracs. I will post results, pics and numbers when the time comes. Gotta sell the AEM first. :)

GT4times2

brutekiller787":2e82p7gq said:
Why not mspnp? After all, plug and play is in the name

Because the Celica I want the unit for, already has a Haltech, which isn't PnP. It doesn't have the factory harness set up anymore.
I will start from scratch with a new harness (for the MS), and I want it tucked (clean look).

The ST185 is going Caldina set up w/ an AEM FIC (that's the plan as of now). It'll be a simple set up.

UtahSleeper

brutekiller787":2fntzuvd said:
Fair enough

Plus it may be better to rewire anyway since the harnesses tend to be toast from heat. And it gives a reason to remove unneeded wiring and repair.

I plan to go MS3 on my alltrac when I rebuild my motor. My plan is to replace the knock sensor wiring, remove the MAF wiring and remove/replace distributor wiring depending on my ignition choice.

I am considering the MSPNP though, just to have a nicer connector to the ECU lol.

aus jd 2703

Working on it
Haltech ps1000
Can wideband
Racepak dash
Oil pressure and temp as well as fuel pressure.
E85
Boost control.
Just abit slow as I decided to get a gtx2863 with .63 rear
Aiming to be running end of the year.
Turbo and fuel system is a bit expensive plus need front mount. But I'm determined

Mafix

dont use the haltech built in boost control. it sucks.
i've already had everything (less boost control and e85) you just listed for a few years now. no complaints.

you will also need a CAN hub. you can't run a racepak and CAN wideband without it.

mgnt232

Who is running E85 (flexfuel) setup? Im looking to build up a 5sgte (6gc / 600+AWHP), and have been told by mr2oc to go with a Haltec. They have quite a few high HP builds over there, but I know there are some here too.

Just want some more opinions. I have a good tuner down in NC, has worked with a few MR2's and celica's, and all good reviews. So its pretty much just my preference, and what I see proof on running E85 (3rd gen head), with high HP goals.
Thanks for any input

Hotrodhendrix

This thread is soooo old that Griffin posted on the front page HAHAHA. Sorry pointless post just wanted to point that out. :lol:

audiodjmp77

Here's a holy resurrection, I am in the process of putting in an ECUMaster EMU unit. It can run do plug n play with the existing 185 stuff. I will be getting rid of the AFM, putting in 800cc injectors and a wideband lambda. I just have to do a power run to see what I am putting out before I put the ECU in and then another one after the install.