Talk EMS and Computer related performance
Post a reply

Re: proven good stand alones

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:46 am

Working on it
Haltech ps1000
Can wideband
Racepak dash
Oil pressure and temp as well as fuel pressure.
E85
Boost control.
Just abit slow as I decided to get a gtx2863 with .63 rear
Aiming to be running end of the year.
Turbo and fuel system is a bit expensive plus need front mount. But I'm determined
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:27 pm

dont use the haltech built in boost control. it sucks.
i've already had everything (less boost control and e85) you just listed for a few years now. no complaints.

you will also need a CAN hub. you can't run a racepak and CAN wideband without it.

Mon May 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Who is running E85 (flexfuel) setup? Im looking to build up a 5sgte (6gc / 600+AWHP), and have been told by mr2oc to go with a Haltec. They have quite a few high HP builds over there, but I know there are some here too.

Just want some more opinions. I have a good tuner down in NC, has worked with a few MR2's and celica's, and all good reviews. So its pretty much just my preference, and what I see proof on running E85 (3rd gen head), with high HP goals.
Thanks for any input

Mon May 05, 2014 8:30 pm

This thread is soooo old that Griffin posted on the front page HAHAHA. Sorry pointless post just wanted to point that out. :lol:

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:06 pm

Here's a holy resurrection, I am in the process of putting in an ECUMaster EMU unit. It can run do plug n play with the existing 185 stuff. I will be getting rid of the AFM, putting in 800cc injectors and a wideband lambda. I just have to do a power run to see what I am putting out before I put the ECU in and then another one after the install.

Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:46 pm

I've been looking into their piggy back Emu for my ST185 (4th gen swap) and possibly standalone for one of my ST165s (full standalones). Very popular in Europe.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Really depends on where tuners are within your region and what ecu they have experience with. I'm about to have a Motec fitted and mapped by Fensport who have massive experience with gt4's and are a Motec dealer.
Post a reply