proven good stand alones

GT4times2

I've been looking into their piggy back Emu for my ST185 (4th gen swap) and possibly standalone for one of my ST165s (full standalones). Very popular in Europe.

Gt4grey

Really depends on where tuners are within your region and what ecu they have experience with. I'm about to have a Motec fitted and mapped by Fensport who have massive experience with gt4's and are a Motec dealer.

gt4tified

First of all...holy thread resurrection...4 years is like, wow.

Sooo...I see that Link has a pnp for the Gen. 2 engine. Its an entire board that replaces the factory ecu....talk about sleeper!

Has anyone tried it?

grip-addict

Im running a haltech elite 1500 on a 1998 3sgte.
Their support is top notch. I started the conversion as a wiring noob, and with some hpa classes and verrrry many questions to haltech support, i able to get running and ready for a tune. At one point they remoted in to my laptop and directly troubleshot a problem with me on the phone.
Kris @ ko racing is doing my tune remotely (bc the 'rona) but I do think he travels.

Btw, I bought a pnp harness from boomslang to make the conversion go easier and instead it made it more difficult. I was/am very unhappy with their support and would never recommend anyone use them. I ended up having to re-do most of the wiring myself and I'm only using a small part of their setup in its original form.
Guys like Kris know our cars and will make pnp harnesses if you need them. I don't think he wires haltech but I know he does link since he's a dealer.
Something to keep in mind for any future ems-adopters: Get a proven pnp harness or learn and do it yourself. Don't make the mistake i made and roll the dice on an unknown like a boomslang->haltech harness.

Alikazam

Running Link G4x in factory case with my 3rd gen. My brother, Kris at KO Racing, now makes a gen 1 direct plug in board also. Works very well :) Looking forward to connecting up a GaugeART CAN bus gauge soon to the CAN output of the Link. :)

Thanks for posting about the gaugeART! I hadn't heard of them before.
Which Cable did you need to get? Please let us know how it works out?
Quite interested in this..

I've been looking for an alternative to the Banks iDash that I have connected to my Link G4+
It (The Banks) works OK, it's just annoying that I can't wire it to come on with the ignition. The only was to get it to work is to manually turn it on and off with an external rocker switch. Sometimes I forget to turn it off.
Banks can't figure out what the problem is and doesn't seem to care, so I'm getting this guageART if you recommend.

Here is a picture of my Banks in use:
Currently displaying Boost-Vacuum, IAT, ECT, INJ-DC, AFR (lambda)
Banks Gauge.JPG

Alikazam

mickeyfinn":dt7mpx22 said:
Thanks for posting about the gaugeART! I hadn't heard of them before.
Which Cable did you need to get? Please let us know how it works out?
Quite interested in this..

I've been looking for an alternative to the Banks iDash that I have connected to my Link G4+
It (The Banks) works OK, it's just annoying that I can't wire it to come on with the ignition. The only was to get it to work is to manually turn it on and off with an external rocker switch. Sometimes I forget to turn it off.
Banks can't figure out what the problem is and doesn't seem to care, so I'm getting this guageART if you recommend.

Here is a picture of my Banks in use:
Currently displaying Boost-Vacuum, IAT, ECT, INJ-DC, AFR (lambda)

Looks nice but I hear you about problems. I'll post up in my build thread when I put the gauge in. Just connects via two wires to ecu canbus (there is a connector on the plug in ecu board for canbus connection that my brother has pins and connectors for). As for power will figure that out when I get into it.