Post a reply

DIYPNP N76 Connector kit

Fri May 06, 2011 2:20 am

anybody familiar with these ECUs?

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/diyp ... p-384.html
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Re: DIYPNP N76 Connector kit

Mon May 09, 2011 5:38 pm

I'm from the DIYAutoTune staff, and found this thread through Google. While we'd like to try this on a Celica, so far we haven't had the chance. We have managed to get it running on on other cars with similar electronics, including an Mk II Supra and a Mazda MX-6 Turbo with a Nippondenso ignition very similar to the All-Trac's. I'll keep an eye on this thread and be glad to answer questions about it.

Mon May 09, 2011 8:19 pm

I have used the DIYBOB : http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/diyb ... p-411.html
But i also used the Zeal Engineering Daughterboard to avoid any ignition pickup issues.
Works like a charm on my ST165

Tue May 10, 2011 5:27 pm

We put the same LM1815 circuit off the Zeal daughter board into the latest DIYPNPs as well, although so far we haven't found it needed on Toyotas.

Sat May 21, 2011 6:14 am

This looks interesting. So this is designed so the stock harness will plug in? As far as I know no one has yet managed to get MS to work with the stock ignition, is this still the case?

I started doing this but I chopped up a camry ecu to get the plug to solder up since I did not know the denso style plug was available at the time (if it was). I gave up and chopped the plugs off and soldered it all up since it only ended up being 14 or so wires all up.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I have put one of these together for my brother, I previously built a custom harness for an rc swap so the pinouts I used were for an rc, we are plugging it in tonight to see how it goes and we are using the basemap from an mr2 from the mspnp site.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:17 am

Ive run one on a 3sgte a loooooong time ago. shaved the distributor pick up down to 4 teeth worked like a charm
Post a reply