AEM EMS tuned, ran fine, now trouble staying running.

C-dubb

I had the AEM tuned on my all Trac a couple months ago and its been running fine. Drove it to work last week drove fine. After work it wouldn't start. Or it would start and not stay running. It sat for a day and I started it and it was running rich like 10:1 and like shit. Let it sit for a couple of days and started it up ran fine...for about 10 minutes then started running like shit again and died. I've checked wiring for the map sensor, wideband and everything seems in tact. I've checked intercooler piping and vacuum lines and everything is connected.

Any suggestions or thoughts? I'm at a loss.

klue

do you have a lap top with AEMPRO and AEM LOG

make a log file, and its easy to check the sensors from the lap top

C-dubb

I do, but my ex grill friend has it. She'll probably be nice enough to let me us it though. Is there a certain feature I need to use? I'm not very familiar with it.

klue

you need to be able to hook up the lap top. You can verify the sensor inputs easily that way. If you can set up the logging it would be easy for you to send it and I can look at it and possibly help you.

99% of the time when something is off its mechanical issue. Go through the basics

spark fuel air

Tecker185

I had a similar issue with my ems-4. Car would not start and when it did it ran rich as hell and like shit. I tried to connect to the ems and would not connect. I had to remove the neg cable for a few mins to reset the ems to be able to connect. Put the tune back in and would run good for a while then back to the same issue.

After tooling around for a bit on the aem forum. I fouled out that aem was having a software issue that they were trying to resolve. But in the meantime to put a password on the calibration.

I did that and have not had a single problem since. Best of luck to you.

C-dubb

This ended up being a bad MAP sensor. I hooked up the laptop and looked at my sensor readings with the ignition on and engine not running. My MAP sensor was reading -15 something when it should have been at 0. Replaced the sensor and the problem was solved.