MSPNP Alltrac owners...some f/b please!

gt4tified

Any of the alltrac/gt4 owners running the mspnp? I'd like to get some feedback on how your engine has been responding to the system, how versatile it is, any issues in installing etc.

Giving serious thought to going this route soon.

Thanks.

gt4tified

Overall, is it good value for money for a standalone EMS for a street car with moderate power mods?

Is it as easy to install as they claim, especially for someone with no prior experience?

Is it easy to tune a base map for different sized injectors and cams?

Does it offer boost control integration with an ebc as well as with a standalone wideband afr system?

klue

gt4tified":3h0towlj said:
Overall, is it good value for money for a standalone EMS for a street car with moderate power mods?

Is it as easy to install as they claim, especially for someone with no prior experience?

Is it easy to tune a base map for different sized injectors and cams?

Does it offer boost control integration with an ebc as well as with a standalone wideband afr system?

Good value yes

The next two questions are based on your skill. It is not plug and play, and you have to assemble the board yourself. Which if you have never done before or are not to proficient there is a chance you can mess it up. In any case if your not a tuner you should not be tuning it anyway, because again there is a good chance of messing up your engine :(

There is no such thing as a base map, there are maps to start the car and thats really all they are good for. You should never drive around with these maps, the EMS should be professionally tuned. You can unlock portions of the software to use auto tune with your wideband, and boost control with a compatible solenoid.

brutekiller787

I was looking into this as well and i have talked too the CS of diyautotune and they said that it would work with stock ignition, isc valve and other things that previously didn't work. Sequential injection is an add on, as well as closed loop boost control.

UtahSleeper

There base tune can be used. I did add MS to my corolla and started tuning with the base map it generated. Mind you, I did a small amount of research, was very conservative and slowly did street tuning. So, you can get it driving safely with knowledge and street tuning, but a good dyno tune would help too.

I am just curious how useful the PnP setup is after assembled.

Matt Cramer

You may be thinking of a different MS variant like the DIYPNP; the MSPNP is a complete, assembled unit that is ready to take out of the box and install. With the DIYPNP, well, the DIY comes before the PNP. You do need to add a post-intercooler IAT to use the MSPNP on these cars.

gt4tified

Matt Cramer":3px5ksv0 said:
You may be thinking of a different MS variant like the DIYPNP; the MSPNP is a complete, assembled unit that is ready to take out of the box and install. With the DIYPNP, well, the DIY comes before the PNP. You do need to add a post-intercooler IAT to use the MSPNP on these cars.

Yes, Matt is right. I created this thread to enquire specifically on the MSPNP for the alltrac. Matt, maybe you can answer those questions of mine that pertain?

klue

I did'nt even klnow there was a pnp option, I just assumed you were talking about a ms3. I've used them on other platforms and a universal one on the 3sgte

gtfourmansd

So whatever happened with this? I have been considering buying this as a first mod sooner rather than later. Not to see any gains but to delete the maf and monitor what is going on with the motor as maintenance and bolt ons are added. Also how complex is the mspnp? The only tuning device i have ever owned was a Diablosport handheld flash tuner when i had my 05 Srt-4. I learned alot from that thing and it was pretty fun making my first street tune and playing with the numbers adding fuel and doing pulls trying to get the knock straitened out. Finally got it dialed in too with good quality gas from shell.

gt4tified

Not too sure, no one has answered.

It hasn't stopped me though...I will be getting the mspnp early next year, just as soon as I get my engine wiring harness sorted out.

UtahSleeper

I will either be getting a MSPNP or a normal MS later. Maybe spring time. I have a spare harness and I want to do this to clean up the wiring and remove the MAF.

warracer

Im getting a MS PNP2 next summer aswell as a dyno tune for all my mods, I will post some progress on my build thread :)

psipwrd

Count me in too! After comparing MSPNP to AEM EMS-4, I think this is the better ECU. I'll be ordering soon and will post here.

psipwrd

Can anyone with wiring experience, specifically for RC/CS chime in?

After a comparison of the ECU pinouts, I'd need the MSPNP for the US Spec Gen 2 MR2 (DIYautotune lists the Gen 3) but there's a few pins that I need to figure out.

INT - Omit, going FMIC
RLY - What does this go to?
THG - Omit, EGT sensor for Cali only
ACT - Omit, My A/C doesn't work
PSC/ATS -
ABS/WIN -

INT - Intercooler Relay
RLY - ?
THG - EGR Gas Temp sensor (Cali only)
ACT -A/C Amp
PSC - Power Steering Control Module
ATS - A/C
ABS - ABS Control Module
WIN - Intercooler ECU

Or should i just buy an adapter from Tuner-deals? This about defeats the PNP part...

James

psipwrd

DIY autotune is still looking for a ST185 test car (great opportunity for someone close to them). They're offering a big discount and tune.

Go to the site and try to add the MSPNP2 93-95 to your cart and you should get that message.

I was ready to buy and had questions unanswered so I went with the AEM EMS.

Ciao!

Magroo

Yep,just installed MSPNP TS9395 in my ST185. I'll do a write up tonight when I get home from work.

Install time was around 3 hours since I had to run to the store to get some minor things, but it works.

Running a bit rich but I haven't had a chance to dial it in yet.

my old ECU crapped out on me. Tried replacing the capacitors but I think there were some bad tracers. Decided to say F it and get a stand alone.