Gen 3 injectors running gen 2 jdm ECU ?

RedCelicaTRD

Wayyyyyyyy to rich. Around 25% more fuel everywhere. If you had some type of fuel controller you could, but not on a stock ecu.

warracer

so say I currently run 13.5 while on full boost (way too lean) I could corect that by swapping the injectors so I would run closer to 10.2... right?

mx6er2587

car will run like crap everywhere outside full boost though, and will take longer to hit full boost (turbo spools faster the leaner the mixture)

I'm currently running a gt30 ball bearing turbo on a stock ecu with 550 injectors. Runs like shit. Swapping the 440's back in until I can get better fuel management.

klue

warracer":4vy8arts said:
so say I currently run 13.5 while on full boost (way too lean) I could corect that by swapping the injectors so I would run closer to 10.2... right?

Thats not the way to correct your problem. The 3sgte gen 2 ecu is already very rich, you will more than likely end up with bore was and oil dilution due to over fueling of gen 3 injectors. If you are intent on running them use the gen 3 electronics, the car will run much better over all

running 13.5 on stock pistons or any piston is a BAD IDEA!!!

warracer

don't worry I am not running THAT lean I was just trying to understand how I could corect my problem :)

My car currently runs with NO O2 sensor what so ever, I just noticed that mine doesn't even work, I benched tested it with a flame and no voltage whatsoever came out, could that possibly be my problem?