3sgte timing maps- what are you running?

heller

im looking for timing maps, how much boost your running, and horsepower and torque numbers if you had it dynoed. also any other mods you have done. i have my mod list in my signature, and im running 15 psi. i need some maps to give me an idea what i can run to pick up maximum output for my setup. thanks in advance

Mafix

i don't think anyone will divuldge such info. 2 degrees can pop a motor in the wrong scenario. there are far too many factors to give you a number. you need a tuner and a dyno. not a forum.

psipwrd

The closest awd dyno to me with AEM tuner is in switzerland, a 6 hr drive. What kind of advice do you have for someone like me who have that long a drive? Are there any tuning tips or rules for road tunes?

C-dubb

psipwrd":2c6tc8wu said:
The closest awd dyno to me with AEM tuner is in switzerland, a 6 hr drive. What kind of advice do you have for someone like me who have that long a drive? Are there any tuning tips or rules for road tunes?

for street tuning...hit record... WOT pull in third gear...watch afr's...adjust for increase in power...repeat.

underscore

psipwrd":17rob4mf said:

Find a 2WD dyno and put the transmission in FWD mode.

GT4_DRED

psipwrd":2g0eo1zq said:
I'm still fairly new to tuning my setup and prefer to back into timing. My personal rule when starting off is 15psi max for 92 pump, pull 1 deg/timing per psi/boost and keep a check on the plugs. I usually work the 0-5, 6-10 and 11-15 psi ranges incrementally. That's usually a conservative approach that works for me and my setup.

klue

best rule is not to mess with it. Map the timing super conservative, stay out of boost. Tune the fuel until you can get it driving smoothly and take it right to the dyno. Better yet, get a tow truck there and let the pro's do it.

you dont want to spend time and money building a motor just to have it blow up because you rushed the last step.

Take it from me, with a grain of salt. Having tuned my share on street dyno and track. Its better just to get it done right, and fast. I've also blown up my share of motors when I was starting up, chalk that to the learning curve.

Mafix

agreed. plug reading is good for afr on an n/a motor. not so great on a pump gas tuned boosted motor. and i'm not sure how you can check timing with a plug read. if you see detonation marks on the plug, you should have already caused horrible damage to the pistons.

use the aem base map for a 3sgte. they have them. get it remotely drivable and straight to a tuner/dyno.