88 celica with gen 2 engine n need of afm or bypass

I picked this car up as a project. The guy had pulled the engine and had piled parts everywhere. Car came with a jdm 1990 engine.

Got the engine in and doing my best at vacuum hoses and piecing it together since I never took it apart. Anyways last night I realized I didn't have a afm.

I'm pretty sure fuel pressure is low but car starts pretty well and leans out... stumbles and dies... if you touch the gas instantly dies.

Have a walbro 255 ordered but I still have no afm so what's my options. Different model? Non turbo?

underscore

Officially the JDM gen 2 only shares an AFM with itself, but I've heard of people using AFM's off other vehicles that have the same plug without issue.

Ok well I'm using the gen 1 wiring. I went to a pull a part today. (On my way home now) I pulled a afm off another 88 but it's n/a. I've called all the local yards no one has a all trac camry, or celica. The junk yard I went to was 2 1/2 hours away. So yeah no parts around here. So fingers crossed it works.

Thanks for the response.

Jeremy

underscore

There's someone on here running an AFM out of a totally different car, I want to say an RX7 but I'm not sure. The AFM would have been made by a third party like Denso so there should be other makes/models out there with the same MAF as you.

Well I can honestly say that the 3sfe afm works on a 3s-gte.
I haven't gotten everything done yet so I just plugged the afm straight to the throttle body and it starts and revs to 4 decently. I assume that there is a fuel cut when no motion is detected?

BTW thanks underscore