Greddy emanage on 165 ecu?

Kennyj

My friend is wanting to get rid of his emanage for his mr2, and i was wondering if anyone knew if it would be good to put on my 165 ecu, with the 185 engine?

alltrac27

what are you looking to do with it? do you have upgraded injectors? what are your current mods? this is an arbitrary question without some more information.

Kennyj

right now the fuel system and turbo are stock, im asking if the emanage would be an ok system to use on my 165 ecu with the 185 engine. so i could make the 165 ecu act the 185 ecu i guess, then tune it more when more mods come, or my other option would be to have ats re flash my 165 ecu and make it so it will work better with the 185 engine.

3sgte4me

I own another car the SRT-4.

The E-manage / E01 combination works great on those cars. A lot has to do with the amazing features the E01 E-manage combo has. You can tune off the built in 3 Bar map sensor and ( yes I have played with the SMt-6), you can even control injector duty cycle. That is a kick ass list of features and I will start to experiment more with the E01 / EManage on the 3SGTE.

There is absolutely no reason that this cant be as successful a setup as the SMT6 posted here. Id even suggest a look on the SRTFORUMS site.

sardgt4

I have a emanage on my st185 with a 3rd gen mr2 ecu. I ordered the clone cable and have a copy of the software so I will be tuning on the laptop very soon. I was wondering if you did any tuning on the laptop with the software? If so I was wondering if you can help me or give me some pointers on doing so as I dont live too far away from you. I see that the software and firmware needs lotsa updating. I hope I can figure all this stuff out. I also read in the emanage forum that you can use the emanage gold software to hookup a wideband 02 sensor and display the readings in real time. I heard that with that software you can use the wideband to make the emanage autoune. Looks like it has lots of capabilities built into it with almost infinite possibilities.

John 92st185

Kyoto

When u find out how to do it post info up here. I have an eManage wired to a 165 and whenever you try and adjust the mixtures on the dyno the car goes into limp home mode. NFI why. As it stands i have wasted about $2k on this setup so would appreciate any feedback you are able to give.

My general feelings re the eManage are that on paper it looks like a great proposition, but by the time u get all the peripheral stuff for it, in most cases you'd be better off just going with a standalone EMS. Usually it will work out cheaper or only marginally more expensive than the eManage, depending on how far u want to take the eManage...

3sgte4me

I will use the "lessons" learned from my SRT-4 and transpose the lessons here.

Even in the flippin guides there is a 3S-GTE wiring setup so I just cant understand why this would be a "biatch" setup.

Kyoto

Me personally, after all the dramas i have had with piggy back systems, i figured i would take the plunge and get a full standlone. Autronic to be specific. I figured its more of an investment, as it can control any engine, and i will be able to use it on my next homologated rally beast, whatever that may be...