Anyone used or heard of these injectors ???

Wraith

I'm planning on running 1200cc Indy Blue Injectors... Has anyone used or heard of these injectors before... I'm posting this because I know theres alot of over seas people that post on this forum ...

Wreckless

1200cc would be way too big for you unless you're shooting for over 650-700whp. I've never heard of a company called "indy blue" either.

Wraith

Wreckless":wrnliezo said:
1200cc would be way too big for you unless you're shooting for over 650-700whp. I've never heard of a company called "indy blue" either.

650 to 700 is the goal...
Indy Blue was used in the Indy Cars and are made by Bosch ... But I wanted to know if anyone used them or heard of their quality..

Terboman

Wraith,
Damn those are huge injectors (for the street)! :shock:
What kind of EMS are you using to control them? Motec?
Have you considered staged injection? Say....550cc primaries with say...850cc secondaries? A lot of EMS's nowadays can do staged inj. AEM, TEC3, etc. etc.

laters

Wraith

iMpOrT__dUte":1trbn1f6 said:
Wraith,
Have you considered staged injection? Say....550cc primaries with say...850cc secondaries? A lot of EMS's nowadays can do staged inj. AEM, TEC3, etc. etc.

laters

na... Stage injectors are too complicated and alot more parameters to control and watch over... And alot more parameters that can go bad on you ...

Terboman

Wraith":190yyz1v said:
iMpOrT__dUte":190yyz1v said:
Wraith,

laters

na... Stage injectors are too complicated and alot more parameters to control and watch over... And alot more parameters that can go bad on you ...

Hmmmm...yes, can't argue there. I know Troy T was running staged inj with his TEC3...he may be able to help you if are still open to it. I can see running 4x1200cc would be simpler to setup.

Is this an all out race car you're building or...does this thing actually need to idle decently lean? I know people who've run 4x850cc and still ran sorta rich at idle.

good luck man,
Lee

Wraith

iMpOrT__dUte":3uav69mu said:
Wraith":3uav69mu said:
iMpOrT__dUte":3uav69mu said:
Wraith,

laters

Hmmmm...yes, can't argue there. I know Troy T was running staged inj with his TEC3...he may be able to help you if are still open to it. I can see running 4x1200cc would be simpler to setup.

Is this an all out race car you're building or...does this thing actually need to idle decently lean? I know people who've run 4x850cc and still ran sorta rich at idle.

good luck man,
Lee

Its going to see some street duties once in a blue moon.. But, as for idle I dont really care much about idle...

Wreckless

To be honest, I've never heard much good about Bosch injectors. I have no personal experience with them, however.
I took a look through your imagestation folder. Seeing that you're not someone to dork around, you might give RC a call, if you can't find a suitable Nippon Denso injector.
RC can find something that would be perfect for almost any application. They now make a custom set of 1200cc injectors specifically for the 2JZ-GTE with the Veilside intake manifold. I'm sure they could find something that would work for you.

Wraith

Wreckless":1aqbqz9k said:
To be honest, I've never heard much good about Bosch injectors. I have no personal experience with them, however.
I took a look through your imagestation folder. Seeing that you're not someone to dork around, you might give RC a call, if you can't find a suitable Nippon Denso injector.
RC can find something that would be perfect for almost any application. They now make a custom set of 1200cc injectors specifically for the 2JZ-GTE with the Veilside intake manifold. I'm sure they could find something that would work for you.

first of all, thank you for your compliments...
second, I dont like RC injectors my experience with them have turn out pretty bad... Me and a few of my friend that used them... Their injectors start puddling at high rpm ( 9500 rpm redline) and high boost ( hopefully 32 to 35psi max boost)...

furpo

i recommend you take a look at www.speedtechnz.com andre is our tuning guru over here. his evo 3 will be run for the first time this labour weekend and an 8sec pass should be on the cards.

he is happy to supply anywhere in the world and has built over a dozen high profile drag cars over here as well as countless curcuit and rally cars.