Sleeper Mazda MX6

Status
Not open for further replies.

celicat93

I was out last night and following behind this couple of cars that seemed to be toying with each other, they would kind of get into it from the light but not really take off. One was an 80's Camaro that looked and sounded like it was in good shape, though it had dual output muffler (not a true dual exhaust), wasn't sure if it was an IROC or an RS, sounded like a v8...but anyway... the other car was a Mazda MX6 and I was thinking okay who's this guy trying to kid? He had a little stock dual tip muffler so I figured he probably didn't have any real mods, I knew they were V6's but couldn't think of their factory rating at the time. The after a few lights the MX6 gets on it and spins a rear wheel! (and I don't mean chirped, it full on spun freely from the get go) "Those things are RWD?" I thought to myself. So I get tired of them dicking around, the MX6 takes off and I go after him, he was leveling off and I passed him and went into the turn lane that I intended to go down which led to a nice curvy four lane that's out of the way. I go ahead and take off around the corner and get on it, I can hear him behind me, of course I had a head start and kept ahead for a few seconds but eventually he pulled on me and passed. I couldn't make out if he had turbo or nitrous, I think I heard a blow-off of some kind. Anywho, I waved at him respectfully as I went by, laughing really at how quick it was (though mine's still bone stock so I guess it wasn't that impressive - lol), I was going a different direction, though I should have pulled up and asked him what he had, I'm going to have to find him on the local import board. But from what I've looked up the MX6 came FWD from the factory rated 165hp at the most, so apparently this guy has some some drastic work on that thing to up the power and convert it to RWD.

C-dubb

it depends on what year the mx6 was, my friend has an early 90's mx6 turbo. If it's RWD maybe he put a 350 in it or something...it probably would have been real louf though.

black88inmd

If it was one of the newest body styles then it was infact a mazdaspeed6. Which is a little sleeper turbocharged awd monster. If it infact was that would explain the rear wheels spinning. Under hard launches it's suppose to divert 60-80% of the power to the rear wheels :smokes: Pretty bad ass
Not sure if they're out yet, but I imagine they are by now.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/mazdaspeed6.htm

Conan

black88inmd":q6k17amk said:
If it was one of the newest body styles then it was infact a mazdaspeed6.
The difference between MX-6 and Mazda 6 is pretty obvious so I doubt it could be a 6.
As far as MX-6 goes, the older came with 2.2 turbo, the newer was powered by a 2.5 V6, nothing special, all FWD, so I'm guessing it's a very custom job.

celicat93

yeah it's not the new 6, though that's pretty kick-ass :D I guess there is a new car out there for me to be interested in. It was the second generation mx6, from what I've read it had to be a total custom job. Looked for the guy on our local imports board but couldnt' find anything.

A

Anonymous

that's pretty crazy, that was actually me in the camaro. It's actually a 1991 z28 350, they stopped making IROC's in '89. I guess you didn't notice but when you guys started racing there was a cop on the other side and he did a U-turn and went flying right on by me to go after you guys. He couldn't decide to go after you or Alex(guy in mx6), but he ended up pulling neither of you over.

celicat93

ha, hey how's it going? Funny seeing you on here. Wow, glad he didn't decide to pull us over, I don't get stupid like that very often, just seeing you two messing around was getting my adrendaline up, and I had to get it out of my system, even though I knew I couldn't beat him after seeing him spin his tire - lol Every once in awhile I get a wild hair up my ass - lol Time for me to quit that stuff, not worth a ticket.

A

Anonymous

Yeah I figured the cop would be after me, just becuase I have that kind of luck, then he went blasting by me. Anyways, Alex's MX6 IS front-wheel drive, not really sure what made you think it was rear-wheel. Perhaps because he had different rims on the front than the back. His car is basically stock with no turbo or nitrous. He has an engine called KLZE which is a normal MX6 or Probe motor i think, not really sure though.

The car I have is a 91 z28 350 bored .060 over with hooker headers, flowmaster 40 series muffler, ported plenum, bbk throttle body, and it also has aluminum heads because the motor itself came out of a 1991 corvette. Also has K&N drop-ins. It's alright, but I'm selling it and going for something like a 3000GT vr4 or Stealth R/T TT. I still may be thinking about a newer camaro or trans am with the LS1 though.

this is alex's car
590978_44_full.jpg

this is a bad pic of my car
mycar.jpg

fsmtnbiker

The KLZE, IIRC, is the JDM motor and is particularly healthy. I doubt a stock alltrac could beat one anywhere but off the line.

A

Anonymous

SeanGTS":n3kup4c5 said:
ummm wow, the alltrac lost to a mx6? Whats going on with your alltrac man.....

Dude mx6's aren't fast how did you loose to one they are the slowest car evar!!!!!111111

celicat93

humm, I dunno. I do think my turbo needs to be rebuilt, I've had this 92 almost a year and it doesn't seem to pull under boost like my 90 did.

SeanGTS

kyle91z28":22nu8vea said:
an mx6 that runs about 14.2 or less.

Oops, i guess i thought you said it was stock when mentioned the FWD part.

Hmm... still though, turn the boost up man!

A

Anonymous

It isn't like highly modified. I think he has just header, cold-air intake, and magnaflow exhaust.

A

Anonymous

i hate to say this but i have a 1994 probe gt with a jdm motor and trans swap. same thing that mx6 is running. and i can tell you this i have less work done to my car then he does and im running 14.2@97.4 mph. i dont noe how many alltrac's gt-s gt or whatever celica you can give me i walked on. the all trac is a 135hp motor a stock probe/mx-6 engine is 164hp. the jdm is 200hp. im pushing 215chp out of mine and alex has to be pushing over 220 on his. only things i got are a intake headers exaust and chip. your alltrac even running double the boost wont even catch us. if you guys have a alltrac here near virginia beach i have a stock 95 probe with intake and headers that will rape any of you guys and ill video it and put it on the site for you to read.$50 bucks on the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3fQeTkaE1o <<<<thats the mx6 high speed run. 13.9@98mph

Status
Not open for further replies.