ROFL - GMC Yukon tried to race me!

Griffin

I've been lazy about patching up my tune since I went back to the stock motor to get my car out to Texas. I finally got around to doing some logging tonight so I could update the tune. Anyways I do some 3rd gear pulls near my house and then went to the highway to do a couple 4th gear pulls and watch my cruising A/Fs. I finish up and then get back off the highway to go home. Of course once I'm off the highway I'm driving like a figgin Angel so as not to attract any unwanted attention of the law enforcement variety (sound carries and my car is LOUD).

I am heading home on a surface street (limit is 45 - 50 depending on where you are on it) and this Yukon thats been following me for a while pulls up next to me at a stoplight. I'm thinking - okay whatever. I hear him rev a few times and then his RPMs kick up a whole bunch and stay there. The Yukon leaned a tad and I see him jerking forward a teeny bit as the brakes groan. I'm like - son of a bitch - the guy is brake torquing it - he actually wants to race me! So I brought the revs up a teeny bit and kept a close eye on the light. Sure enough as soon as the light changes he gives a little tire chirp and off he goes. Well... I SHOULD have been mature and ignored him, but I just couldn't. I stay even with him to about 35 to give him some fun (mind you it only took like 1/4 throttle) and then I dumped it. Needless to say he dissapeared quick. I let off at about 65 with probably a couple buslengths between us (seemed that way anyhow). I waved to him out the window, but he got back behind me and wouldn't come around to chat or anything.

I just thought that was funny. He probably though I was like a ST with an exhaust (I have been debadged for over a year now). Or maybe he was just feeling frisky. (I'm assuming it was a he - the top of my window was below the bottom of his) I dunno - either way it was funny and kind of fun. He'll think twice before messing with any more old Celicas :)

88st165

yeah he prob thought you would be an easy kill.... even though you are debadged your car still looks like it has some "go" but i bet he thought he was going to pull up next to some ricer and blow his doors off... haha good job teaching him otherwise....

turbo4wd

he probably saw the hood.. and thought you were some nopi reject..

last time he makes that mistake..

way to greet your new neighbors dude.. LOL