Getting ready to turn the key..

Trance4c

w00t :)

092504.jpg

Trance4c

SeanGTS":3hf1mx42 said:
sigh, please update us man. Whats going on with her?

A lot has been done.. I completely went through the interior and disassembled it. The a/c unit, fan unit, all the ducks, the heater core, everything is gone. This also includes all the a/c hard lines, the a/c condensor, the a/c compressor. With this also comes a small wrap around coolant hose to bypass where it once ran through the firewall. All the holes in the wirewall where blocked off with metal pieces I custom fit and painted to match the engine pay.

The dash is virtually a hollow representation of itself. The guages have been redone as well.. the pod on the a-pillar got annoying and I actually didn't like how much it obstructed my view. Those autometer guages have now be worked into the console where the climate controls and the left side drivers vent was. Pictures of that at a later date...

The car has also received a PLX Devices M300 wideband setup in replace of my narrowband autometer blippy light ricey gauge crap item.

The front mount intercooler pipping and the 3" inlet pipe from the AFM where all powdercoated black to match the engine bay.

I have gone back to removing the rear trunk pieces and remounted the battery tray on the bottom of the floor in the center. There is also no head liner in the car.. mine was really nasty and dirty. Once I removed it, I actually didn't mind the way it looked and have reorganized the wiring so that it is just more straight black painted metal (keeping with the exterior orange/black and the engine bay black).

The wheels have also received a 5mm spacer in the front and 25mm adapters in the rear.

The car has always been a bit to much show even for me.. and this is talking to someone with an orange car with a body kit, thats saying a lot. To help aid in not only the interior changes but the exterior, the wing has been removed and the car will remain wingless. I will eventually have the holes filled and the trunk deck resprayed.

The door jam plastic material has also been replaced and the wiring under it reloomed. There are no more momo pedals and short of removing the stereo.. there are no creature comforts left.

At this point.. thats where the car stands. I actually got the last parts I needed today and have cranked the engine twice by blipping the starter.. yet I haven't turned it over and fired it. I have a few more electrical things to do with the guages, but all I have left is to just tighten down the intercooler pipping clamps.

thats the update for ya...

Griffin

Sweet! Kudos on the wing removal! I actually liked mine with the stock GTS wing off it too - looks soooo clean, but I didn't care to have to fill in the holes so the wing went back on.

ChrisD

That's awesome to hear. I'm really happy you are finally building the car for what YOU want. Keep us updated, always interested. :smokes:

Trance4c

chris_dittrick":2s810yca said:
That's awesome to hear. I'm really happy you are finally building the car for what YOU want. Keep us updated, always interested. :smokes:

Ok.. so, the car was started yesterday. The good, the bad and the ugly...

The good.. engine is solid, good smooth revs and idle. Not strange sounds, seems to be 100%

The bad, well.. taking the car out and once I got near 0 on the boost gauge, I start to hear a bad whinning sound. Uh oh.. turbo is not happy.

The ugly... something is seriously not right with the turbo. I'm pissed, I'll have to pull it now after all that work and I just had it reworked by Majestic turbo right before I turned the key! ARGGHHH!!!!!

Can't win them all I guess.. we'll see what happens, but it feels good in vac lol!

beej

great to see the car coming along man..............bad to hear that happened, keep us posted

T-spoon

illGT4":1ekd42zm said:
Oh man that sucks.. Majestic is BAD news.. :(

Eh?? Where do you get that? I've heard nothing but good things about Majestic, never had bad experience with them. I put a resealed turbo from Kevin in my alltrac and it performed beautifully.

dianaspicer

The thing that I have heard about getting the turbo done anyplace is to get it in the car and running before the warranty is out.

From what I get it’s like half and half on any of the companies that rebuild the turbos.