St165/St185 Tubular manifolds

Boostedcavy

I was wondering if there are people interested in a Tubular Manifold for the ST165/ST185 that keeps stock turbo placement for use with stock turbo and downpipe with option for a T3 or T4 flange. I have been doing a little research and it would end up looking somewhat like the aussie manifold but not polished and not 900 dollars more like 500 dollars. The manifold would be made of 3/16 inch wall stainless steel tubing ( like the full race manifold) and Tig welded. The finished product would be bead blasted and have the option of a ceramic coating at an extra cost. I am just gauging interest before I go and spend money on the supplies to make these manifolds I dont want to make them if no one is going to buy them. These manifolds would probably come with some kind of one year warranty against cracking ( meaning you would send it to me and I would fix the crack).

So please let me know what you think about if there is any intrest. If an interest is shown I might do a first order of like 5 manifolds ( not set in stone yet nothing is) to prove the interest where if you buy one you will get a discount on the price but you have to put a down payment to prove you will buy one. Of course you will see what the manifolds look like first. Right now this is just an idea. I am working on a jig from a stock manifold to make sure placement is correct right know cause even if I dont sell these I plan on making one for myself. If there is not an interest for the equal length manifold then maybe a tubular piece to replace the stock manifold with bigger runners for more flow.
Jason

Gary

Boostedcavy":3nx8kqee said:
I am just gauging interest before I go and spend money on the supplies to make these manifolds I dont want to make them if no one is going to buy them.

Boostedcavy":3nx8kqee said:
If an interest is shown I might do a first order of like 5 manifolds ( not set in stone yet nothing is) to prove the interest where if you buy one you will get a discount on the price but you have to put a down payment to prove you will buy one. Of course you will see what the manifolds look like first. Right now this is just an idea. ...

It's hard to ask someone to put down payment on something you haven't never seen. It's not small amount of money, so the best bet is you might wanna show us a prototype first.

Zeus

I personally would be much more interested in a copy of the greddy manifold... I like the look of the aussie manifold but i think you need an option for those with ewg's

there isnt a great demand for a manifold with the stock turbo... seeings how the stock mani has been shown to flow enough for 400+ hp

Boostedcavy

Gary: If you read the post I said I would show you what they look like as in build a prototype I dont expect anyone to give me a down payment if I dont build a prototype first.

Zeus: I forgot Greddy even made a manifold searched the web a little and I couldn't find a pic of it if you have one or know where I can see a pic please. I am willing to build what people want so if more people like the Greddy style than Greddy it is. As for stuff like EWG's and style of flange that wont be a problem it will an extra cost like 20 dollars or so but you will have your choice of wastegate flanges and they will be stainless also. I wanna be able to offer what you the customer wants not make something and you either have to use it or not.

Gary

Sorry for misunderstanding

td06l2_l.jpg

mr2td06l2mani_l.jpg

Zeus

http://www.powernet.net/~tanabe/mr2/turbo/T67.htm

here's another link

the only thing i dont like about the greddy manifold is how long the ewg pipe is... ide much prefer the feed pipe to be shorter and the dump pipe to be longer... but otherwise i think thats a very good manfold to use... espesicially since it has all the options one would need...

ewg or non
it fits both the alltrac and the mr2 (something very few mani's do for sure)
short runner (again something not many people are doing)

long runner manifolds are great and all but if your not looking for super high power i dont think its needed

did you look at the thread that i posted just down from this one? it has a couple more designs... one was the full race mani which i dont think will work with our car but the second was a link to the mr2 board of a manifold that i think would work very very well

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1343

Boostedcavy

I do like that manifold design. That manifold would probably be a little cheaper to make. As for turbo flange should I offer a ct-26 flange or just a T3 flange or make up to the person who is buying it? I noticed that the turbo is not in the same placement as the stock turbo it is moved away from the engine a little bit which I would have to offer a DP for using my manifold or charge a little more and include it with the manifold. Or people would have to make a custom downpipe.

I have a friend with a MR-2 that I could test fit on his car to make sure that it fit both the ST165/ST185 and MR-2.
Jason

Boostedcavy

I have been doing some research today and found the flanges for the engine and for the turbo for a good price. I already know where to get the parts for the runners I have been doing some talking with the owner of www.neukin.com he makes Honda manifolds on what kind of parts he uses. I am going to order the parts to make a prototype this coming week.

The plan is to use Mild Steel exhaust and turbo flanges cause they have less thermal expansion. I have heard of some problems about stainless steel flanges I know my friend at www.neukin.com uses mild steel flanges so does Full Race. I do believe the cost for these are going to be 500 dollars ( this might change after I make the prototype but I doubt it) with a 30 dollar option to have an external wastegate with any flange you want. There will also be the option to ceramic coat it ( I dont know the cost yet).

Is there a special account for a buisness on this website so I can post about new products and about cost and availability of products. I am a member of J-body.org (Cavaliers/Sunfires) and they will delete your post if you try to advertise a product unless you pay them to do so. If someone could let me know.
Thanks
Jason

935motorsports

If they can be made @ 500 dollars then I might be interested in getting behind the idea.

New vendors are not added unless they are proven to be supporting the All Trac community directly.

Boostedcavy

The plan is to start moving forward with this and designing jigs so everyones manifold fits the same as the next. My only conceren right now is EWG placement if I made it like the Greddy style (with a different EWG) it would be for a t3/t4 style turbo. Where do you guys wanna see the EWG comeout at and to where. What about downpipe's I could offer a matching downpipe when used with a standard T3/T4 turbo with a 5 bolt flange or people would have to just make there own custom downpipe.

Hey 935motorsports if you want to get in touch with me about this idea you can e-mail me at sarah41881@yahoo.com. I would be very interested in selling through your website. I am just glad there is people that support this community like you.