performance for stock 3sgte

A

Anonymous

can I run 15psi with stock 3sgte (injectors+ecu stock) without problem and how I should ajust the timing for the distributor( stock timing or advanced) Thanks guys :p

RIalltrac

your not just going to be able to run 15 psi, the ecu will make sure of that. Your going to need to install an fcd and even then 15 psi is pushing it on all stock hardware. I hope you have all the appropriate guages to monitor things. I wouldnt mess with the timing, the ecu will do a good job of adjusting it as need be. Unless you go too extreme and the ecu cant keep up.

A

Anonymous

I read in others sections that I can run until 15psi and the ecu will map the fuel OK and the stock injectors can handle 14 to 16psi? Could it be right and I want to be sure of that. Some say that I don't need fcd depending of wiring resistance because of the age of the vehicule.

Other info, what trannny I should use for a 3sgte but FWD??????Only mr2 or there is some others.

MetalliKAT97

Depends on the ECU my 92 got away with 15 psi without a FCD and my 93 is running 16psi without a FCD as well....some guys can run it some cant...ECU wise

db

MAT ALL-TRAC 92":20bjjl9h said:
I read in others sections that I can run until 15psi and the ecu will map the fuel OK and the stock injectors can handle 14 to 16psi? Could it be right and I want to be sure of that. Some say that I don't need fcd depending of wiring resistance because of the age of the vehicule.

Other info, what trannny I should use for a 3sgte but FWD??????Only mr2 or there is some others.

You can run 15 psi fine with fuel cut removed (assuming your ignition components are in good condition as well as the rest of the car). But why are you asking about trannies when you have all-trac in your screen name? What car are you driving?

A

Anonymous

Im driving an 1992 black st-185 but somebody that I know want's to but a 3SGTE in a 1991 st185 GTS FWD and I want to know what kind of tranny can fit this car. That's it buddy!

maxaud

MAT ALL-TRAC 92":1bb5mqic said:
Im driving an 1992 black st-185 but somebody that I know want's to but a 3SGTE in a 1991 st185 GTS FWD and I want to know what kind of tranny can fit this car. That's it buddy!

that would be a st184 if I believe correctly (not a st185), and the stock tranny should bolt right up.

toayoztan

Or you could use the mr2 tranny and get their axles.

And maybe it's just me that's looking too much into this, b/c others assume you're using a different turbo, but your stock turbo won't handle well past 14psi. If you are using a different turbo, then with the FCD in place, you should be able to run fine.

Bryan

db

I used to run my turbo daily at 17psi in the colder months up in North Dakota. The CT26 is still doing great, but I got her down to 14psi right now for Vegas.