new st165 owner

celica-fella

hey guys just got a 88 toyota celica all trac turbo! i traded a 94 mitsu mirage ! what a great deal i thought what do u think? im trying to get it road ready and track ready and need lots of help! so im glad to be registerd to alltrac.net

db

Welcome! Just remember to read all the FYI/FAQ sections and threads before asking questions.

celica-fella

thanks guys! its a black celica, its a very awsome car! only mods is i cut the exhaust off about a foot off the down pipe and i had mad boost leak so i rigged a intake that might still bee leaking but this car is my daily driver now! i love it

celica-fella

okay its in the shop getting 2.5 in. exhaust all the way back from th down pipe. I cant wait to see what it looks like . also as i ve been looking, this motor seems to be a junkyard motor hense the yellow writing on the valve cover. well she runs good sometimes she kind of spits and sputters but then clears up ! the car has 177,777 on the odometer .Any suggestions on what to do next ? i work at a shop , therefor im not that stupid whin it comes to stuff like this! i think timeing belt and some seals...............thanks

MetalliKAT97

FULL REBUILD!!!!!! Muahahahahaha nah just maintenance stuff for now would be a good idea especially on something that old and that many miles....you dont know what the person before you that had the car was like or what they did or didnt do (unless you know em personally...then you can slap em around for the stupid things they did. Or if your the original owner lucky bastards! :p ) Getting her road ready would be your best bet :wink:

Rebuild will come later :D

jotarokun

I would gut the downpipe, do your spark plugs, wires, rotors..... all that good stuff. Also, I reccomend a straight intake. I actually have one for sale... it will be ready in about 2 weeks - let me know if you're interested.

celica-fella

great stuff guys! well i got p.tiped spark plugs (ngk), rotor cap , and button and wires. also a bozo bent the oil sending unit alomost all the way down and was leaking oil but is fixed now. i have upgraded the intake but i think straight would be the way to go ! but what about the battery/ relocate it? but bottom line it still hesitates befor it goes into boost but after that it runs fine! any suggestions? 2.5 in. exhaust is great but my muffler looks like crap do to space it kinda points down but sound good next is clutch and clutch master cylinder.... u guys are great thanks for the info.

p.s pics coming soon i promise!!!!!!!!!!

jotarokun

celica-fella":6zftid4t said:
great stuff guys! well i got p.tiped spark plugs (ngk), rotor cap , and button and wires. also a bozo bent the oil sending unit alomost all the way down and was leaking oil but is fixed now. i have upgraded the intake but i think straight would be the way to go ! but what about the battery/ relocate it? but bottom line it still hesitates befor it goes into boost but after that it runs fine! any suggestions? 2.5 in. exhaust is great but my muffler looks like crap do to space it kinda points down but sound good next is clutch and clutch master cylinder.... u guys are great thanks for the info.

p.s pics coming soon i promise!!!!!!!!!!

Cool man - keep it up! If you need a straight intake, I have one that I'm selling with a large K&N intake. It'll come with all the clamps and hoses. I'll be taking pics this Saturday, and post it in the for sale section.