Building stroker with a 5sfe crank

RedCelicaTRD

Go to cj-motorsports.com. They have a nice stroker kit that has a fairly low compression ratio. It also comes with everything you would need and alot of the parts are custom from various companies. The pice is a lil high at $2,500 but I like it.

CMS-GT4

Thats not a bad price for everything. Should look into how much all that would cost sourcing seperatly.

I think I am going stroker on the 3sgte rebuild.

Furious82

Cost efficient the 5s crank with aftermarket rods and pistons is better, in my own opinion. Pauter makes a great set of X-beam rods for the 5s that are pretty beefy. If you want to use the 3s rods the 5s crank will need to be turned to make the rod journals smaller so the 3s rods will fit. If you do custom pistons and aftermarket rods you may want to look into rod/stroke ratio, but that all depends on what HP level your looking at. Unless its in upwards of 5-600 i would even worry about rod stroke ratio on a 5s crank and rods (aftermarket). That last comment is a wild guess just to let you know. You have a fwd right? Why not just use the 5s block?

RedCelicaTRD

Ya, if you use a 5s crank and 5s rods you will need to get custom pistons that raise the wrist pin height or the piston will pop out of the block a lil.

dlux4life

Ok, so i am pretty sure that I am going to go with the 5s crank and get some really beefy 5s rods. Should i also get 5s pistons too?...becuse 3s pistons wouldnt mate with 5s rods right?...also what would you suggest for a compression ratio?

allblackalltrac

The 2.117 stroker is a 5S block, 5S crank de-stroked to 88 mm, custom rods and a set of 87.5 mm custom pistons with a Compression Height of 1.20”. Engine stays none interference.

The 2.069 is a 5S block, 3S-GTE crank, stock or eagle or Pauter rods and a set of custom pistons that has the same compression height than that of the 3S-GTE piston but with an 87.5 mm bore and the valve pockets placed so that the engine stay non interference.

There are a few 2.1L configurations.. use the 3SGTE head

oversquare- 5S block, 3S crank/rods, custom pistons
undersquare- 3S block, 5S crank/rods, custom pistons
square-5S block, 5S crank destroked (offset ground), 3S rods, custom pistons

Of course you can get custom rod/piston combos for a desired rod ratio.

EDIT: forgot to add...and compression ratio...at the end of that last sentence.