Full Race Manifold

Zeus

Geoff from full race just posted up their finished design of the 3sgte tubular manifold...

very nice peice however i dont think it will work for us

he did say though if anyone in the az area wanted to stop by with a celica that they would take a look to see if it it would fit up

http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?s=&thre ... genumber=1

here is the link to the thread

http://www.full-race.com/MR2-3SGTE-Manifold.html

link to the website

on another note Armstrong (co designer of the hydra nemsis and partner in crime with rickyb) posted his new manifold which i think should work quite well on a celica

here is the link to that thread

http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55303

gearhead313

need a user name for the sites...

the full race mani is a neet piece. I think the big science behind it is calming the exhaust charge down through the looptyloop design and straightening it for better spool. very nice.

Wraith

Man... thanx guys for the great info ... I havent been surfing the MR2 boards due to my computer being down at home .. And my only connection is at work...
Man you guys probably just save me a $1000+ bucks... I was going to have a custom turbo manifold made till I saw the Full Race one... I was going to have a custom one made and its was going to run me $2700+ ... I would rather spend $1199 for the full race one...

Boostedcavy

2700 Dollars for a manifold that is outragous and so is 1200 dollars I can build that same manifold for 500 dollars if you dont mind hand welds instead of machine welds(I can show you welds that look just as good). and still make money. They are charging for the name and I think they use machine welders. It is a nice design and would fit in the All-trac engine if you didn't have the top mount intercooler.

I am looking in to making manifolds just having some problems with funding cause I just moved and dont have access to a Tig welder anymore and I am trying to fund getting my own.

Zeus

I would definately test fit the manifold first... i have a hunch its going to hit the hood in a hardcore way... that youll have to cut a large hole for the turbo in your hood... that would be kinda cool but haha i dont think anyone would do it

as far as 1200 for a manifold yeah the price is up there... but they are a very well known company for their work... I beleive the amount of time they put into the manifold is what jacks up the price.. that and i bet most would consider it to be the best manifold on the market...

I dont think its with me though

Im with griffin... give me the shorty manifold :)

Boostedcavy

your probabaly right I sometimes forget how much the engine leans back. I have an extra cylinder head laying around my house and with the bends I was planning on using the top of the manifold dont come more than 1 inch above the top of the cylinder head. If it was made out of mild steel I can get a hold of even tighter bends.

MrWOT

busdriver":1f6evmdd said:
http://www.aussie-speed.com/Images/manifold1.jpg

for the CT26 or 20b, but still very nice!!!

You know, not alot of people do this and I'm not sure why, but for about another $30 you can have someone at a welding shop cut off the flange and put on a flange for whatever you want. It's not limited to a ct series, just what it comes with 8)

Griffin

The thing it - longer runners actually cost you power - equal length or no. In NA applications equal length is king, but for turbos retaining your heat energy is much more important. Thats why I like the MRcontrols manifold - very short direct airflow - it shows a very good understanding of exhaust dynamics for turbos (which considering Ricky B is not a surprise)

Griffin

Wraith":3h1gg5a7 said:
anyone of you guys have a website or pictures of the MR manifold....

Let me try to relink it:

100_0275.JPG

100_0276.JPG

If I ever had any free time I would love to test fit that manifold to my car. Any idea what part of Arizona he's in? I'm guessing Phoenix, but any particular shop?

OlyST185

ey guys, about that manifold, yes it does give a very good flow but the wastegate port is actually wrongly installed. it create a lot of backpressure when the wastegate is open. You must weld it a way that the air will flow better. (God bless the book maximum boost by Corky Bell)

Zeus

To clear things up... its not an mrcontrol manifold... just armstrong had somsone on the mr2 board make him one... i dont know if the guy is going to produce them or not...

as far as the aussie manifold goes... its a nice manifold but the whole reason i would be going an aftermarkt mani would be to get rid of my stock mani and adapter set up... and becuase that manifold has no provisions for an external waste gate, it doesnt do me any good... too bad its really pretty :p

i could use the adapter... but then that would put even more extra weight on the mani and i bet it woudl crack inside 10 min! It would be nice if aussie exhaust would make a short runner mani with a provision for an ewg...

thats another problem with the mani that matt (armstrong) had made for him... his ewg is running off a modified housing... somethign i guess i could do but eh i dunno...

I wish someone made a knock off greddy manifold.. those things are pimp!

gt_turbo

Griffin":xydmt49i said:
Wraith":xydmt49i said:
anyone of you guys have a website or pictures of the MR manifold....

Let me try to relink it:

100_0275.JPG

100_0276.JPG

is that really the mrcontrols manifold? looks kinda stock to me except it's not a twin entry. i was never a fan of the curvy loopy manifolds, seemed like a waste of effeciency to me. any engineers out there care to explain what an optimal manifold should look like for turbos? also does this manifold clock the turbo down?

illGT4

Zeus":nnfv1v3a said:
To clear things up... its not an mrcontrol manifold... just armstrong had somsone on the mr2 board make him one... i dont know if the guy is going to produce them or not...