Just installed the aluminum rear diff cushion from Mario

Dano

Well my Toyota dealer installed it and charged me 3.8 hours labour, but it includes installing the urethane bushings that come with Mario's kit and 4 rubber support bushings. Great product Mario! Thanks.

CMS-GT4

I myself was very happy with it. I was one of the first to get it, before the polly bushings were of avail. I'll get teh polly bushings some time down the road.

illGT4

is this a handling improvement or just more durable?

I thought this was a durability issue.. :shrug:

Darth Boost

I read something somewhere sometime (how's that for variables?) that said the handling of the car was improved, it felt more RWDish, and had better throttle response. I thought all those attributes sounded like BS, but I figured I'd try to get a few more opinions.

CMS-GT4

I know. :D

I did the review on the old site.
I would say it is a flew issue.
It mostly made the rear catch up to the front. On take off rather then feeling pulled it felt as if the rear was working more.... like its supposed to.
On turns the rear seems to help more in the turning of the car. Could stay on the throttle longer before going into the nose plow in a turn.

It felt slightly harsher in the back, but not enough to bother a daily driver. So all in all, it makes the rearend work harder and catch up to the rest of the car.

TexasAlltrac

I have Mario's aluminum bushing. I have the poly ones too, but have not installed them.

It took me less than an hour to install on my own with a full set of tools, a floor jack and jack stands with minimal lighting.

My drive train tightened up considerably. I now have slightly less understeer coming into a hard turn. There is no discernable vibration, harsher ride, or extra noise generated from this install. Full throttle accelaration is much snappier with less "mush: that before.

I would recommend the bushing for anyone even considering changing theirs out.

good job, Mario!

lamard

Where would someone get this from, and how much? What other driveline upgrades would be recommended to do along with this?

TexasAlltrac

Mario Koenig out of Germany makes them. His price is fair and he ships fast.

I suppose he still watches these forums.

There really are no extra mods needed to take advantage of the aluminum diff mount.

Dano

The kit with alu cushion and urethane bushings is $170 US includes shipping. I think the main advantage is durability. The price is also very good. Less than what Toyota dealer wanted for stock rubber diff. cushion only.

illGT4

Dano":wfrr4ygl said:
The kit with alu cushion and urethane bushings is $170 US includes shipping. I think the main advantage is durability. The price is also very good. Less than what Toyota dealer wanted for stock rubber diff. cushion only.

Thanks.

Yeah more durable and cheaper than stock is nice. I'll be sure to order one when my stock cushion goes bad.

CMS-GT4

You can get a stock one for around 100-110, if you search.

Concidering that I was going through them every couple of years, sooner the more I raced it added up. This diff alum. cusion is a one time buy. Also if your rubber bushings are fine you can get it cheaper w/o the polly bushings. My rubbers bushings are somhow still like new.

RedCelicaTRD

Since i havnt had to do this yet, what bushings are you guys talking about? Are they suspension bushings that the kit repalces or are there multiple bushings for the diff mount?

Dano

The rear cross member has four large, expense rubber bushings that are about the size of half a beer can. There ar two more large bushings that are located close to the rear diff. and these are what come as urethane in Mario's kit. Need more info? then e-mail Mario.

st185-sainz

wasn't watching the forum for some time but it is very interesting how people get to know about me and the diff cushion.

Thanks to everybody who wrote my address and gave me a good reputation!

mario