best plan of attack for installing my turbo manifold...?

theUNYTEDone

hey guys, i'm finally going to install my turbo manifold, and since stupid ebay didnt send me instructions for it (they only sent for the downpipe), i was wondering how to go about installing it...so please, any input would be appreciated. thanks much!

theUNYTEDone

well, yes, i did get a tubular one...why? and...nothigns exactly wrong with my stock mannyfold...but i just want to upgrade.

RIalltrac

since your more than likely not even pushing close to enough power that tubular manifold is sorta useless. Topped with its questionable construction, its risky mod to say the least. Most wouldnt upgrade from the stock manifold until they upgrade to a turbo that no longer mates to the stocker. But since your using the ebay mani your definately still using the stock ct-26. If you must install it then so be it you can find all the info here http://tracfaq.nw-celica.com/wiki/run.p ... =Reference the bgb's are hosted there, your going to need to read up on how to remove the turbo. Leaving the turbo attached to the manifold and remove the unit as one piece. Good luck, not exactly a noobish job but if your patient and a quick study you should do fine.

BanhBaoBao

Since the stock manifold is up-to-par and is proven to work, i would not recommend swapping it out, considering the work required to. Plus if your ebay manifold cracks you will have to probably do it all over again. I'm not sure how the newer tubular manifolds fit but i heard there were issues with the older ones.

The 3" Downpipe is a different story though. Replacing your stock cat with the downpipe is worthwhile. :D

If you do decide to swap out the manifolds anyways despite our advice just check the links above and have a decent set of tools available and most importantly PB Blaster :p :wink:

Also expect your car down longer than you plan (On account of broken rusted bolts or other misc troubles that can pop up working on a 15 yr old car.)

Anyways good luck =) keep posting if you run into problems

theUNYTEDone

ew...i smell a resell... :doh: damn ebay!

-edit-

so basically...i pretty much SHOULD stay with the stock manifold? i'm waiting on a PM from a member that put his in with no problems...however, as one of the AT gods mentioned earlier, you need to be pushing plenty of ponies to need one. therefore, i wished to know what HiS setup was.

RIalltrac

quick tip for the downpipe, just remove the oil cooler but make sure you have new o-rings on hand. You'll have to get them from toyota, they arent expensive so dont sweat having to call the stealership. By just removing the oil cooler you give yourself instant access to all the bolts holding the downpipe on. That job is easy as pie. The only other oddball thing you need for that is the socket for the nut on the oil cooler, I cant remember how big it is, but its rather huge. Search around I know the size has been posted.

As far as the mani is concerned, I mean tubulars are great, but with whats already been accomplished on the stocker I just dont see the point until your breaking that 350-400 power range. Maybe even more.