BOV?

wizzards581

SuperWhite92":2b5y2b5w said:
wizzards581":2b5y2b5w said:
wheres the stock BOV on the st185?

There is no stock BOV.

i thought i was missing something. i use to have 91 mr2 turbo and it had a stock BOV. i was looking all over and an alltrac seems to be missing one. couldnt this be bad for the turbo? or where does the air thats being built go after the the throttle closes?

d1alltrac

wizzards581":20mzjjhb said:
SuperWhite92":20mzjjhb said:
wizzards581":20mzjjhb said:
wheres the stock BOV on the st185?

There is no stock BOV.

i thought i was missing something. i use to have 91 mr2 turbo and it had a stock BOV. i was looking all over and an alltrac seems to be missing one. couldnt this be bad for the turbo? or where does the air thats being built go after the the throttle closes?

it COULD be bad for the turbo, but at stock boost levels there really isnt anything to worry about.

capncelica

sorry to interrupt but whats the advantage of releasing the pressure to the atmosphere instead of back to the intercooler???? is there a BOV that doesn't cause a rich mix between shifts when released to the atmosphere???

thanx

db

capncelica":2no2bwvo said:
sorry to interrupt but whats the advantage of releasing the pressure to the atmosphere instead of back to the intercooler???? is there a BOV that doesn't cause a rich mix between shifts when released to the atmosphere???

thanx

Rerouting the vented air back into the intake tract is always the best option for performance and function. And with an AFM there is no way to vent to the atmosphere without running rich. Well, some piggy back devices claim to help reduce affects, but I haven't tested them.

The only advantages to venting to the atmosphere realistically are:
1. Sound
2. Less complicated installation