bad battery??

AWDrifter

wen i leve my battery conected over nite it will dye? also my battery will not charge, i was thinking that it could be a bad alternater but that wouldent make a battery dye from just sitting would it? :cry:

evo

perhaps your battery isn't fully charged, a low charge could dissapear overnight, have a local shop test your alternator and battery, most will do it free of charge

theUNYTEDone

i have the stupid little 1/3 sized battery...i have to recharge it every few weeks...when you drive your car, do you keep revs higher than usual? because it could be that you're using more power than your alternator can make...therefore, if you rev higher and make alternator spin faster...you might be able to charge up...well, it worked for me, in the least. :shrug:

AWDrifter

it will go bad also in like 5 min some times. if i take the car out for a spin it will go from full to dead rilly fast!?

MetalliKAT97

Bad cells....is the battery really hot or hotter than normal after you run it for a while? also dontt get too close but smell it , usually you get a nice cooked smell if its dying as well. Your local Auto parts store will test it for you if you go when they arnt that busy. unless its a gel batt. have u checked the acid levels? how old is it? if its still rather new get a new one (most batts when bought have a warranty....dont deal with it if its still fairly new). Check it and go somewhere to get it checked out.

Also if it was the alt. you would throw a Batt. light wouldnt you? or at least everytime my alt went stupid on me that light came on... :shrug:

AWDrifter

thax it was my alt, the light never came on :shrug: well i checked it with a volty meter and the batt was only getting 4 volts back. so i just took the alt of my old U.S. motor and it works great... thanx :)