haltech e6k

MIG407

anyone have any tips on haltech tunning and set ups? the fastest alltrac out there is running haltech so im sure someones familiar with a proven method and or set up. ive seen some interesting ignition and fuel setups with haltech. should i run an msd 6a with it?...j&s knock sensor is it necesary?or not? im just curious with those actually used on an alltrac.
thanx
mig407

geladen

Interesting, you are in Orlando and are inquiring about using a Haltech, I'm in Hollywood and I have a Haltech that is going on an ST165...
Hopefully we will be getting this project finally all together and we will be playing with the Haltach in the near future.
I need to decide on intercooler set-up and fuel rail so that the engine can go back in the car.

MIG407

fuel rail? thats an easy fix. decide if you want to go top feed or side feed.
I. side feed: basically your looking at 880cc side injectors ( rx7 secondaries work with adaptors) and an ats racing modified stock fuel rail.
or the new wolfkatz offering.
II. top feed: the cheap thing to do is to modify a 5sfe rail. but if you have the loot go with a fuel rail kit from chrisk in texas. (fj_chris@yahoo.com).
extremeboost in canada and hux racing had some nice kits as well. but hux hasnt been around for a while and extreme boost has issues actually getting products to customers.
reg your intercooler...for a front mount get one from precision turbo or cheapturbos.com prices are better than turbonetics and spearco for similar or even better products. air to water is expensive. unless you want to settle for low hp and go with one from an st205.

Sheezey

I did a st185 swap in my 93 celica. And it currently is running a haltech e6x. I am still learning but I would be happy to help out.