Front Mount Intercooler on an ST165

SoGuLLi

Is it possible to front mount a ST165 without a motor swap? If so how would this process go and what would i need to do? Sorry if this has bee asked before i didnt see anything about this in the parts of the forum i looked at. Plus this would really help me out for the pride of all the All Trac's. Theres an FC in my city talking mad shit i need to know how to front mount and shut his RWD ass up with the INFAMOUS ALL TRAC.

5speedGT4

uh.... motorswap just for a front mount? uh......

just go buy a front mount... remove foglights+ bumper, install front mount. Buy piping, install piping.

Fastrac

SoGuLLi":yqyfpcgp said:
Does anyone know where i can get a 205 intercooler? an how much would that cost?

They show up on eBay every now and then. You're probably looking at, at least, $500. And that'll probably just get you the intercooler and none of the other hardware (heat exchanger, pump, plumbing).

GT4_CR

Fastrac":2le011yl said:
SoGuLLi":2le011yl said:
Does anyone know where i can get a 205 intercooler? an how much would that cost?

They show up on eBay every now and then. You're probably looking at, at least, $500. And that'll probably just get you the intercooler and none of the other hardware (heat exchanger, pump, plumbing).

Dont bother. Go FMIC. I did, I have an ST165. Just get the right piping curves and go for it. I only need to open space in the bumper for the intercooler but it really worth it. :twisted:

PatmanBBE

I am getting a check engine light for my intercooler pump thats not there anymore, since I have a fmic. Anyone know how to fix this, I imagine it would be something like altering the signal returning to the ecu, but what voltage is it?? 5v? 12v? thanks for the help.

SleepingTurbo

take a paperclip and stick it in the clip for you intercooler pump, and electrical tape it. worked for me.

i have a front mount and its amazing. i dont heat soak at all. and my underhood temps went down like a mofo. do front mount.