Hey guys...clueless female here!

oldnotdead06

That would be great to be able to call someone that lived around me .....thanks!! Buying an alternator w/ a lifetime guaratee is a great idea. I just really wanted to get the car goin so I could drive the dang thing!! And yes it is still kidnapped!! It was supposed to be done friday but then they said there was still an issue with the wire and needed to find a diagram??

Once again I say..... :shoots: Damn mechanics

Hmm... at least we're getting a larger local group? And, I vote we just mob your mechanic... give them enough GT-Four knowhow, it'll be pouring out their ears. :evil:

SuperWhite92

oldnotdead06":1o4lt15y said:
That would be great to be able to call someone that lived around me .....thanks!! Buying an alternator w/ a lifetime guaratee is a great idea. I just really wanted to get the car goin so I could drive the dang thing!! And yes it is still kidnapped!! It was supposed to be done friday but then they said there was still an issue with the wire and needed to find a diagram??

Once again I say..... :shoots: Damn mechanics

What part of CO do you live in BTW? I know of a feww good places to get a warrantied alternator for a good price.

oldnotdead06

I'm in Aurora. But get this all.....So I went to pick up my car, had to pay the ransom. I wont say how much cuz I'll probably be shot. Anyways, I had to drag 2 of my kids on a 2 and a half hour bus ride (Presidents Day, no school) to get the car. So I'm driving along...I dont take the highway just in case something happens. Well lo and behold the car starts overheating!!!. I pull over to a gas station and open the hood and the engine coolant is straight boiling!!!! :cry: I remembered the address from a Toyota mechanic and I happened to be 4 blocks away. So I let it cool and took it there. They checked it out and said I needed a new cooling fan. They did some bypass so that I could still drive it just the heater wouldnt work as good. So unfair :(

oldnotdead06

Oh yeah......and the speedometer doesnt work. Its just getting better and better. But that I'm gunna try n work on myself tomorrow. I know how to use the search button haha...hopefully the tips that were posted here before will get me thru it. Wish me luck!!!!!

Denver_whiteST185

oldnotdead06":inpnk03b said:
Oh yeah......and the speedometer doesnt work. Its just getting better and better. But that I'm gunna try n work on myself tomorrow. I know how to use the search button haha...hopefully the tips that were posted here before will get me thru it. Wish me luck!!!!!

If the speedometer doesn't work, theres probably a loose wire behind the dash that should be connected. pretty easy if you know how to remove the dash without damaging anything. I know i had the sme problem with my old GT with the tach, but i never took the time to fix it.

MR2TuRbZ

i just replaced my alternator thinking it was broken when it wasnt... is your ABS light on? if so, its just a fuse down by your feet...

take it to an autozone or pep boys or something like that, they should be able to run free battery/alternator tests

i have an extra working alternator sitting right here if you cant find one dirt cheap

oldnotdead06

MR2TuRbZ":1ibzrkv3 said:
i just replaced my alternator thinking it was broken when it wasnt... is your ABS light on? if so, its just a fuse down by your feet...

take it to an autozone or pep boys or something like that, they should be able to run free battery/alternator tests

i have an extra working alternator sitting right here if you cant find one dirt cheap

There were issues with the alternator which was expressed to me when I bought the car which is now fixed tho it cost me an arm!! But yes my ABS light is on....does that just need a fuse change? Thanks!

sakara

welcome!!! good to see another girl into theses evil cars, lol. that now makes... 5? lol... me, kat, kess, u and another girl... lol... have fun with her ;) and post some pics :)

oldnotdead06

Yay....thanks!! The more I drive it the more I likey haha. Except for the small but expensive issues..grrrrr I'll take some before pics since I have every intention of fixing it up. Hey, if I call my car a "her" does that make me a lesbo??? HAHAHAHA kidding!!!! :twisted:

GMan

> oldnotdead06
> Location: Colorad-HO
> Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:20 am
> There were issues with the alternator which was expressed to me when I bought the car
> which is now fixed tho it cost me an arm!!

You paid someone to fix it ? :-(
Oh well, It could've been a learning experience.
Better luck next time with your mods/maintenance.

Regards;

MR2TuRbZ

oldnotdead06":5e638g7h said:
MR2TuRbZ":5e638g7h said:

There were issues with the alternator which was expressed to me when I bought the car which is now fixed tho it cost me an arm!! But yes my ABS light is on....does that just need a fuse change? Thanks!

i thought my alternator was gone and it wasnt, it was the ABS fuse which is down by your clutch foot and its labeled ECU-IG (or ECU-IB) i cant remember which, but its in the center right spot.. its a 15A fuse... replace it and your abs light should go away and your alternator problems might be alright

oldnotdead06

Well when I bought the car, the lady said it definately needed an alternator so I had driven straight from her house to the mechanic she said had dealt with it before. She had come down some on the price since it needed that. Thats why I went ahead and paid for it. :shrug:

d1alltrac

oldnotdead06":qr9y16xx said:
Well when I bought the car, the lady said it definately needed an alternator so I had driven straight from her house to the mechanic she said had dealt with it before. She had come down some on the price since it needed that. Thats why I went ahead and paid for it. :shrug:

thats not bad, its more like it was included in the original price then.

Toxygene

Good luck with your AllTrac. It's a rare and beautiful beast and you have merely started your love affair with her on this years Valentines day.

Ah, the electrical is a fun little hassle. You should make a laundry list of everything that is wrong with the car and peruse the BGB. Whether you like it or not, you're going to get intimate with that car.

Hmmm...... I ponder the instance of a girl calling the car a him... LOL :shrug: