Aussie vs. 321 dp's

C-dubb

I am looking at buying a Downpipe and i have seen 321 pipes around and i am wondering how they are in comparison with aussie.

I looked at the aussie site and it looks alot different than it did before...did they change the design , also the price has gone up so i am wondering which one is the most bang for the buck.

RIalltrac

I just installed an aussie system, its just top notch quality work. The downpipe came with two additional bungs on top of the normal o2 bung. Its mild steel so its less likely to crack than the stainless stuff. With a proper ceramic coating you got yourself a sweet piece. The differences I have noticed right away are awesome. I recommend the stuff, not sure about 321, if its cheaper I see it this way.....you get what you pay for when it comes to auto parts.

Griffin

I have to agree about the Aussie Exhaust stuff - the quality is incredible and the performance seems to live up to it. I am very happy with my DP and MP

tim

Without commenting on the differences between the two DPs (there are few since the maker of the 321 SS DP shamelessly copied our DP to make theirs), the bottom line should be the difference in customer service.

We stand behind our products, we resolve problems IMMEDIATELY when they come up, and we consider it to be a failure when our customers have to complain publicly. Our competition does things somewhat differently.

Which Aussie Exhaust website were you looking at? The Aussie Exhaust USA website is currently down due to the same hosting issues that killed alltrac.net last week. Our prices haven't changed lately...Feel free to e-mail me offline if you've got any questions about our gear.

Tim
Aussie Exhaust - USA

SLC Punk

I don't have either. But when I am in the market for a DP, its going to be an Aussie.

Why? Because they have proven themselves with great products and customer service. I have only heard of one Aussie DP that has failed.

tim

We just don't see any great need for a 2.5inch DP. And since you're already running an ST185 engine, there are other makers who can take care of you.

We've got nothing against 2.5inch DPs, we just know that there is a whole lot more power to be made with a 3inch DP. Also, since the market for ST165 DPs is reasonably small, it just doesn't make much business sense to have two totally different designs for a low-volume product.

Tim
Aussie Exhaust - USA

p.s. anyone know of a good place to host a website? Aussie USA needs to find a new home.

turbo4wd

tim":2oc53zat said:
p.s. anyone know of a good place to host a website? Aussie USA needs to find a new home.

Tim,

Netfirms has been reasonable for me.. just remember not to fill out a mailing address.. leave the phone number space blank as well.. and use an email address thats set up to receive junk mail, because eventually the junk mail will start.. :?

Everyone else,

On the subject of Aussie products, seriously.. I've never had an issue with fitment, or quality.. You expect things to work and fit properly and you should never have to worry about stuff like that in the first place.. And thats what Aussie provides.. you get what you pay for.. period

Colin T

Tim,

Do you, or any vendor of Aussie products, have some sort of package deal? Meaning downpipe, Midpipe, and exhaust, for a discounted price? I've been looking into it, however it's pricy. I do know it's VERY top quality, but I can hope, can't I?

Colin

PS. Sorry to hijack the thread.

tim

You can usually get a discount on a bundled purchase, but the amount of that discount is always going to depend on the exchange rate. 12 months ago you would have been unlikely to get much of a discount at all (the exchange rate was rotten)...now, things are a bit better. Just e-mail your favorite vendor and ask for a quote based on a purchase of items X, Y & Z.

Our gear is definitely not cheap...but it's very, very good. :)

Tim
Aussie Exhaust - USA
www.aussie-speed.com

tim

Yup...it's beautiful. But for all but the most modified 3SGTEs, it's not going to net you a huge amount of hp. The stock manifold is really, really good. If you're sticking with the stock turbo, you just don't need a big bling-bling manifold.

Tim

Sifu

Well, I'm a lil' glad to hear that. $900 for that manifold almost made me soil my pants... :cry: