ST205 Front clip, mounted on st185 chassis.

Kappa

I think he means how the oil filter screws DOWN instead of up, so when u unscrew the oil filter it's full of oil. Ya know??

Does anyone know anyone that normally brings over st185/205 clips? My usual engine guy (for mr2) doesn't usually bring many over. So he has little experience with them.

Also, I've seen 185 drive trains on ebay for liek 1000/1500. Anything I should beware of on them?

Thanks,
Ro

zblu81

I have just been using purolater from autozone but have already decided(from reading other posts on this board) that the toyota filters are significantly better so i'm going to start using those.

I hope my oil doesn't start spilling all over though. Are you sure that's why it drains back down? Thats not making much sense in my mind. I would think the oil could drain into the engine from either side of the element in the filter

Gary

Toyota and other quality filters have anti-drain-back valve to help with dry start. The valve keeps some oil in the filter after the engine is turned off. That why people found oil left in the filter when remove it from the engine block.

Kappa

No worries. I'm figuring stuff out now. Anyone have any 3sgte engines they're ready to get rid of?? :)

Griffin

Kappa":39izb4cz said:
I think he means how the oil filter screws DOWN instead of up, so when u unscrew the oil filter it's full of oil. Ya know??

Does anyone know anyone that normally brings over st185/205 clips? My usual engine guy (for mr2) doesn't usually bring many over. So he has little experience with them.

Also, I've seen 185 drive trains on ebay for liek 1000/1500. Anything I should beware of on them?

Thanks,
Ro

Toysport brings them in all the time. I think their price for a front 185 clip was under $1500 but that was some time ago.

Kappa

There's always a number of them on Ebay, between 1000-2000. I'm hoping to hook something up soon. If anyone has a line on anything, I'd love the input. :)