GT3071R Turbocharger

Zeus

illGT4":1h6m5wac said:
Zues, I know you for one can help me. ;)

PFFT! not if you dont spell my name right BITCH!

dude it would be pretty easy.. if its all t25 on the exhaust then you could just get the rest of lb's kit

it looks like its internally gated so you would just need the adapter dp and lines... all of which he sells... make sure to get a restrictor it seems lb just figured out you need those for a ball bearing turbo... other than that your pretty much set... you should be able to get your stock conector to fit your ic and other than that its just hooking up your intake :)

illGT4

Zeus":2q3ltgg4 said:
dude it would be pretty easy.. if its all t25 on the exhaust then you could just get the rest of lb's kit

it looks like its internally gated so you would just need the adapter dp and lines... all of which he sells... make sure to get a restrictor it seems lb just figured out you need those for a ball bearing turbo... other than that your pretty much set... you should be able to get your stock conector to fit your ic and other than that its just hooking up your intake :)

Sweet.. I'm seriously looking into this now.. Was on the phone with Chris Kattage for a few hours tonight discussing things.

on an off topic note:

PFFT... God of ths sky.. ha...
the youngest son of Cronus and Rhea

supreme ruler of Mount Olympus my ass..

:withstupid:

illGT4

I'm not a big fan of LB... I'll continue to look around...

Not too much will simply bolt on and fit in the ST185 :(

ATS TD-06 may be the one for me afterall. $2000 with ext. gate.

Zeus

yeah i hear you... i mean my dealings with him have had their ups and downs to say the least... but i will stand behind his product... in that his dp kicked ass!

he may or may not have one available and i understand if you wouldnt want to wait...

now ats should be able to get the same adapter... and you *could* get them to fab a downpipe i bet... or you could have someone do it locally..

it looks like a really good turbo man! do it up!

you should get on msn man.. ide love to ask Chris K a couple of things as well... Plus i just miss you man *tear*

meh i might as well post them here for when you talk to him next

*off topic*

Ide like to know what kind of designs he has for intake manifolds and what he would recomend for my set up... how much would it cost ect...

i think you know of all the stuff ive got... but basically im looking for as much power as i can get without really sacraficing so much bottom end that its a drag only car...

Ide prefer to keep the block and head stock (except for cams {probably 264's}) so i would be building the car to rev to about 8000rpm

so any suggestions he might have as to what to do intake manifold wise keeping 8000rpm redline in mind would be awesome!

Ide love to get a head built by him but i cant say i have that kind of money

*really off topic*

whatch it boy... ill zap you!

gearhead313

why are u so scared of going to a full custom setup? I did mine, and it wasn't no thang :p

I think that turbo looks pretty decent....but for 1300 bucks, theres probably something out there that would suit your needs to a more specific point.

have you ever run some turbo matching calculations for your setup? Id get that done....get a few maps out and start plotting!

Qlynxer

You can get all lines from atpturbo.com and anplumbing.com
I would recomend going wtih a custom set up over LB's gear because i'm currently waiting on parts from him and let's just say I dont plan to ever do business with him again.
Quan L

billprice

Just thought I would throw my .02 in there. LB sells damn good sh*#! You just have to wait about 2 months longer than you want to for the stuff to arrive. And that makes you want to do this to LB.
chair.gif

illGT4

gearhead313":1m4nxrgh said:
have you ever run some turbo matching calculations for your setup? Id get that done....get a few maps out and start plotting!

The TD-06 and the GT3071R are recommend for my setup.

I've done all the reading of maps and such years ago. I only started looking at the GT3071R becuase of a recent conversation. Conversations usually don't sway me, but this one did.

The TD-06 has been known to be a work horse turbcharger for years. It will easily get me 350awhp and max out about 400awhp. Aaron has done more running 29 psi, but I think that may be a little too much for it as it's outside the eff. island on the plot.

Herman did 300awhp with it on a stock head. He's still got potential to say the least. So adding an aftermarket intake mani and more fuel will easily net 350awhp.

Nobody that I know is running the GT3071R on a 3S-GTE. They are however popular in the last 6 months for the SRT-4 and EVO. The EVO put down something like 396awhp with it.

Zeus

those turbos are gaining popularity in the sr20det world too.. my buddy is looking at getting one for his s13 :) which means i could buy his s14 turbo for my s12 :D