justjoe and darth ripley's 1990 ST-185

justjoe

Hello to all...

I am justjoe, and my wife is darth ripley.. =) and this is our new pride and joy.. our 1990 Super-Red ST-185 Celica Turbo All-Trac # 493
Notice him at home with the other toyotas =) He came from California, and we just drove him back 1400+ miles to get him home. That is why there is a Rockin' OEM Toyota Front End Mask on him still. I cannot use the fog lights like this, but it made sure they weren't damaged during the trip home!!

vadar1.jpg

vadar2.jpg

vadar3.jpg

vadar4.jpg

vadarint.jpg

Oh, and We are in Dallas, so finally, get another All Trac in Texas..

I guess I can crash the MR2 meets now, and they WILL give my car a second look now.. and not ignore me like when I am in my MK1 MR2. :shrug:

darthripley

i've been lurking/reading/searching here for a while & now that we finally have an all-trac i feel as if i can post now :)

i am already in complete love with the all-trac :D
it drove so nicely the whole way from california. the gas mileage was much better than we expected...we got 30mpg where it was flatter in arizona & new mexico and this was going 80mph on cruise control. the mileage thru the mountains was about 19.9mpg which wasn't too shabby considering the turbo was boosting to get us up thru flagstaff, az.

we are going to do a lot of maintenance first, spark plugs, dizzy cap, coolant flush, replace & bleed clutch & brake fluid, needs a new valve cover gasket & a/c hose is leaking & needs a re-charge .. all that good stuff before any real mods take place. also i would like to replace all the missing bolts in the engine bay & little clips/screws missing in the interior.

i do help my husband work on our cars & i have done a lot of the work on my camry with joe's help such as changing the OEM springs/struts to TRD eibach/bilstein, along with a lot of other custom goodies. i've been around a lot of toyota forums for several years so i'm not a total noob, but i am still learning much from reading, searching and lurking.

jlspec

WOW, only if my GF was more like you . She loves Corvettes, 1969 Camaro, 240Z+350Z, Supras, MR2+Alltracs and just recently fell in love with the Lotus Ellis. Problem is, she hates touching/repairing it completely, always the shops or ME! LOVEs FAST RWD CARS, but doesn't want to work on it at all. Your husband is a lucky man.

Her next car she said was going to be either a Corvette Z06, or Ellis. Funny thing is she's only 22, and makes about 2x more then me and make OK good money :( . Talking about a kick between my legs :doh: .

oldnotdead06

Hmmmm....From your pics, it looks like the vents on your hood face the same way as mine? Someone had told me in another thread that the vents on my hood were on backwards!! Nice car tho...just like mine :wink:

Go Cowboys!!

theUNYTEDone

HAHAHA youre right, three hood scoops now. hehe...i wonder if doing the driver side that way would help...water always gets down on my intake, and has oodles of rust now...nah, that'd be rice. 8)

justjoe

I am sorry that the photos may not be as clear as I wanted them to be.. but the vents are indeed acting as vents on the left and right hand sides.. and not as scoops.. sorry. =(

Here is a detailed photo of the front end mask (bra) on the car.. and you can indeed see the vents clearly in that photo..
vadarbra.jpg

It is nice to be a part of the community now.. =)

oldnotdead06

Boo....they sure did look like they were on the other way. Are you sure you didnt switch them around and take another pic?? kidding,I thought I was on to something haha. Well good thing is, it wasnt me who put them on. It was like that when I bought it. To the person who had it before me :shoots: :shrug:

db

The car looks nice! I see that you don't have the leather seats. The leather seats wear out fast, and heat up to uncomfortable levels anyways which is going to be important in Texas.

justjoe

Thanks for the compliments..

Yes, you are completely correct about the leather seats..
We wanted the cloth.. and very happy to have found it. :D

Not only that, the Previous owner (who was the ONLY owner) had Sheepskin seat covers on since almost new, so that is why the seats look so nice. =) Thanks Roger!!

theUNYTEDone

oldnotdead06":34rma9za said:
Boo....they sure did look like they were on the other way. Are you sure you didnt switch them around and take another pic?? kidding,I thought I was on to something haha. Well good thing is, it wasnt me who put them on. It was like that when I bought it. To the person who had it before me :shoots: :shrug:

hmm...idk my friend, that first pic looks like the vents are definiately facing forward...

darthripley

nope they were on correct when we bought on & have been that way ever since.

i can post the same pics only bigger if you don't believe me since you seem to be the vent police ... :shrug:

Toxygene

OMG that is CLEEEEEEEAN. Do you mind me asking you how much you picked that up for? I too have a sorta clean AllTrac that I am trying to restore before I make any major mods on. Oh and did the previous owner give you that front end bra? That is nice too with the red Celica Stiched in there! Wow!

Lucky girl and an even luckier Guy!

justjoe

Hey guys,

Thanks for the compliments, and I know how lucky I am with having a wife that likes to help out with the cars..heck, I get scolded when I don't get Toyota engine codes or chasis codes correct! =) hehe

Here is one more photo the day we picked it up (Sunday 4/9/06) and no, we had to buy that Toyota front end mask off ebay.. =)

vadar5.jpg

Oh, and I got the car for a good price.. I think I paid market price.

darthripley

oldnotdead06":2n2dnflj said:
Were just makin jokes :smokes:

its all good :)

i'm just so in love with this car that its totally my new baby & i can't help but be overprotective of him....if i could only figure out how to drive it up into the house 8)

2RM

Is it original paint job on it? It looks so beautifull The privious owener mustve really taken care of it Nice buy !!!