88 gts with a 3sgte mr2 engine

drifto

im attempting to swap a mr2 3sgte in to a fwd 88 st162, will the tranny work? and are there any other complications that will arise as i get into this? pretty good with cars having done work on a couple all tracs but this is my first fwd swap any feed back would kick ass

d1alltrac

im pretty sure the tranny will work but you have to modify something (shift linkage?)

check http://www.celicatech.com. there are lots of guys who have done swaps there that can answer all your questions about it.

there are also a few members here who have done swaps, the only 4th gen i can think of off the top of my head is Mafix

drifto

thx man i got it all here and noticed the shifter linkage was on the wrong side and wonderd if i could use the all trac shifter inlinkage

2RM

I did a 5th gen swap used a gts trany with gts cabels and shifter Didnt hava to modify anything even on an automatic car exept cluch of course :) And I also tried alltrac shifter+cbls but only could engage 1and3 gears dont know if itwas due to worn out cbls or it just didnt fit
The swap is straight forward and easy if you have all the parts together
Good luck

drifto

i already got the mr2 tranny and its got a lsd so i want to use it im pretty sure i can use all the all trac shifter linkage and just close up the hole on the other sidejust wondering if anyone had gone threw the smae thing i am buying a gts tranny is a good idea but like i said already got the mr2 lsd tranny

2RM

MR2 tranny has different forks or they face backwards so the mr2 tranny is not a straight bolt on(in the shifter cbl area) There is some info on it do a search