3sgte swap problem

CelicaGT4

So I have currently finished the 3sgte swap on my 93 gt. I tried to start it a few weeks back but it won't turn over. It seems like it's trying to fire but it can't quite get there. I'm thinking it might be the fuel pump since I heard some rumors that something has to be changed or modified in that department, whether it's wiring on the ecu...I don't know. Could it be my ignition coil or wire, I also connected all the resister pack wires together since I heard that would work. Maybe it doesn't?

furpo

i would be using everything as it was used in the car the 3sgte came out of.

sorry i carn't be more help.

roger

Sheezey

I recommend using a haltech e6x. I also did a swap in my 93 Gt. And the haltech rocks!! Im located in Spokane WA. We are not that far.

Seanscn

I think that I know what your problem is. From what you are telling me, you aren't getting any fuel to the motor. Meaning that your fuel pump is not functioning. If you have already not done this, this is what you need to do. Under your hood there is a diagnostics terminal(it says diagnostics on the top). Open this little box and on the underside of the lid is a diagram of tghe terminals. Take a paper clip or something similar. Straigthen out the paper clip and stick it in the fuel pump socket and put the other end of the paper clip in the B+ terminal if my memory serves me correctly. What this is doing is giving the fuel pump some electricity. On swapped cars the fuel pump is not hooked up to the solenoid to cut it off periodically. So, what us swappers do is just hook it up manually and make the pump run constantly. Let me know if this works or not.

Sean

CelicaGT4

that fixed that problem, thanks. But it will not turn over still....I guess there is some custom wiring needed to be done that I never did to get this bitch to run. Anyone know what "extra" wiring I need to do.

illGT4

So it's still not starting after the distributor wiring last night I helped with?

I thought you said it fired up.. I must have misunderstood.