under turbo

Austen_gt4

air or fluid leaking.. still need more info.. there is an oil cooler that has copper o rings and the lines that go to that could be leaking.. still need more info..

Shaggz00

you might also want to check the plastic(rubber?) intake piping right there on the turbo. mine has a crack in it and leaks oil from the whole blowby thing(I really need a catch can).

On a seperate note, how much oil should really be blowing through there? cuz it seems when I go on a long trip(like 400 miles) I need to put a whole quart of oil in. I dont have any oil leaks anywhere else.

gpmarzan

Shaggz00":2hxhs9nw said:
you might also want to check the plastic(rubber?) intake piping right there on the turbo. mine has a crack in it and leaks oil from the whole blowby thing(I really need a catch can).

On a seperate note, how much oil should really be blowing through there? cuz it seems when I go on a long trip(like 400 miles) I need to put a whole quart of oil in. I dont have any oil leaks anywhere else.

whoa! 1qt in 400 miles?? i went from NJ to VA beach (mapquest-341miles) and i lost about 1/3 of oil. that was when my turbo oil seals were still good. now i would lose about 1/4 of oil if i drive hard for about an hour (30-50 miles)